2019 Mustang GT remote start not working!!

amillerr10

Sep 29, 2020
ohio
Hello all,

I recently bought a 2019 Mustang GT. One feature i did not try while at the dealership was the remote start. The car had 8k miles on it when I bought it so I figured there would not be a problem. So i tried the remote start numerous times and all I get is three flashing lights on the keyfob. I have tried just about every way you can imagine... made sure the car was locked, locked twice to make the beep and then tried, nothing. I have tried directly outside the car, inside the car... still nothing. 2 weeks ago the check engine light came on, the culprit was the purge valve (surprise). That has since been fixed, codes cleared and still does not work. Ford said they would check into it and would let me know if they hear something (no idea what that even means besides they have no idea how to fix it).... last thing i tried is disconnecting the battery for 2 hours and then reconnecting it.... still nothing. Anyone have the same problem or a potential fix?? so frustrating!!

• Sponsors (?)

Have you tried remote start settings on the dash to see if someone disabled the setting. You may just need to turn it on

Yes, i have made sure that it is enabled. even tried turning it off and on a few times. One other feature that i have found that does not work is the easy entry and exit. Other than that everything works as it should. Maybe there could be a correspondence with the easy entry/exit and remote start both not working? no idea.

Quick update..... called the dealership again to see if they had any idea on what it can be, ended up getting another appointment with them. Brought it in Tuesday, still have not heard back from them (now monday)... so either they are waiting on parts or have no idea what's going on with it.

so the appointment was actually for 3 different problems: remote start, easy entry/exit, and gear indication on the tachometer all do not work. I am not very confident that they will be able to fix these problems but hopefully I am pleasantly surprised.