2100 Autolite Carb

Sweetmarie66

Dec 29, 2017
Hey everyone. Well with some wicked advice and support we have decided to go with the autolite 2100 carb. I've ordered the adapter plate but it says that machining will still be required. We currently have the 1100 single. Duraspark ignition kit has also been ordered to liven the inline up. Couple questions. I think there is going to be some throttle linkage issues and have heard most go to a lokar cable setup. Anyone out there that has done this conversion? Feel free to let me know of how you made out. There is a guy on here rbohm who has been awsome. Hint hint lol. Happy wrenching everyone

• Sponsors (?)

piecing together a throttle linkage is always an issue in non stock applications. a cable throttle is one way to go, a lot of guys use a fox body throttle pedal and the lokar cable, or a 5.0 mustang cable. you might have to modify them a bit to work. and you will have to drill a hole in the firewall to run the cable through, along with making/modifying the necessary brackets for the cable.

Ok. Sounds good. I take it that my stock pedal linkage setup won't work with a cable setup? Be best to just get everything from a 5.0. There are 3 complete 1991 5.0s at my local wrecker.

Ok. Sounds good. I take it that my stock pedal linkage setup won't work with a cable setup? Be best to just get everything from a 5.0. There are 3 complete 1991 5.0s at my local wrecker.

well that depends on how resourceful and creative you can be. i have known guys that could cobble together a system you would look at and think that could never work, and yet it does. i have also seen guys that put together a completely stock factory set up, and couldnt get it to work to save the planet. but take a long look at your stock pedal, how is operates, etc. and perhaps you might find a solution to using it with a cable throttle. most of the guys i know tens to take the easy way out and use what is available that has been engineered to work from the factory.

Ok thanks Richard. Hopeful that it warms up for the weekend so I can visit car basher. I will look into what I've got and go from there. I'll just keep chipping away at the engine bay getting that ready for paint in the meantime. It's amazing how many hours you can spend .

Ok thanks Richard. Hopeful that it warms up for the weekend so I can visit car basher. I will look into what I've got and go from there. I'll just keep chipping away at the engine bay getting that ready for paint in the meantime. It's amazing how many hours you can spend .

please dont remind me
pulling-hair-smiley-emoticon.gif
angry-old-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

please dont remind me

Found a 2100 autolite A-800 for a maverick with the 289 or 302 ,new for 115.00 US. Question. Does anybody no of the hight from bottom of base plate to its highest point? Ive looked everywhere and im stumped. Thanks