260 V8 Engines In here- Need Help

Low lift/ long duration was a 60's thing. Lots of performance cams back then were like that. The Holman-Moody cam I ran in my 427 was a .515 lift---310 duration solid lifter grind. All Ford's grinds for the 427 were no more in lift, most were .500 with different durations.They've come full circle today with the cams for the Mod motors--- one maximum lift with differing durations. Low lift= easier on the valve train parts.

The LAT20 camshaft advertisement from the 60s states that the .450 lift is "at the valve". Would that be more or less at the cam lobe?

For instance, the 271hp replacement cam you cited states .478/.475 do you know ballpark what that would be at the valve? Would it be more or less?

I am trying to figure out whether the site I found is incorrect in their statement that the LAT20 cam is the same as the 271hp cam, or if the difference is in the "at the valve" statement. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Comp Cams lists a 271hp replacement grind ----283/261 advertised duration 228/227 @.050 with a .478/.475 lift (all figures int/exh)

I see this older thread but still have interest (as I got both a 260 & a 255 motors lyin around). On this 260, no Zero deck suggested, no CFM cite, higher ratio rockers IDed by company, or references on largest sz valves (by oe application) IDed for me to purchase/test out. Who could I talk to who might have hop-up directions for either of these engines. I can cc a head, degree ina cam but the finer stuff (math needed, sourcing/choosing optimal prts) would B beyond me...which might be a better motor to choose is probably where I need to start. Got several cars to put it in (falcon, '83 LTD wagon) & an OD auto transmis. Thnx~