30 year old pic

TOM B

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Nov 15, 2002
Harrisburg Pa
A good friend died in a car accident when I was about 18 years old, Im now about 50. We both had 65 mustangs, we RULED the streets back then, lots of fun.
This is a pic of his mustang, a 2+2 289 fastback. After his death they moved away and I soon got married, I found out his parrents still had the car in a barn they now have, so I got in touch with the family, the car is now mine, full of very happy and sad memories.
The barn ate at it pretty hard so it needs floor boards and rockers, but thats ok,
I still sit in it and dream:D

Attachments

• HPIM0178.jpg
    HPIM0178.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 219
  • Sponsors (?)

Picture got blurry after 30 years ;)

I want to say "congratulations" but that just doesn't seem appropriate.
Good luck with the resto, I'm sure his family would love to see the car back in it's former glory.

Yea, he was a good friend, we drove each others stang to school and I let him drag race my stang on what was the US 30 dragway/airport here in PA.
Its pretty much as he left it. It still has this cool Hurst ram rod striaght gate shifter in it, you just keep on pulling back to shift, real fast.
I think I will keep it a restomod, put a mustang 2 front end under it with the 429 engine I have should be enough. it will need a complete floor so im thinking a rotisserie. For just this car, maybe find a used one or build my own.