302 to a 351W, advice and suggestions please

Hey guys. I think I am going to throw my hat into the ring here. I was discussing this very topic with a friend this past weekend, because a 351 or 408 stroker all motor would appeal to me alot more than a blown 331 or 302 based motor. He said it was direct swap, but I knew it wasn't. I know headers have to be swapped, and that special midpipe has to be worked in (I think it's a LT midpipe), as well as different motor mounts need to go in. I know EFI can be done, and my E cam can go in but I don't know if my GT40P heads could go over to a 331. Also, I assume most of my bolt ons and such can go over, and my MSD ignition is obviously transferrable. I heard though, that dropping a 351W into a fox can throw off the weight balance and handling, but I'm not sure if that's true. If anyone has any info on that, like swapping my heads, and handling, let us know!

• Sponsors (?)

Well, my 302 has no A/C, no smog. Neither would the 351, so that's a non issue. I have cast iron GT40Ps, which I think are heavier than E7s, and I have the Explorer intake. I'd be getting AFR205s, aluminum, and a big intake like an Edelbrock RPM, not sure if they're aluminum or even light. I could also relocate the battery to the rear to balance a little more weight.

Hey guys, not to sound like a dick, but do a little more research, this topic has been covered a ton. Try the Corral. I am in the process of the same 351w swap. '69-'70 blocks were 9.48. Most others are 9.5. 351w firing order is the same as 302HO. All blocks before '94 were not hydraulic roller. Crane, FRPP, and Comp sell retrofit kits to make your non-roller block a roller block, but cost an ass load of $. Good luck finding a FMS 351w-GT40 stlye lower, they don't sell them anymore. Try E-Bay if your real name is Donald Trump or Bill Gates. For the rest of us slobs, an after market intake will give more performance. Gt40P heads will work, if the bolt holes are drilled to 1/2", but will choke that mother off. Go big. You will want a cam bigger than an E-303, but if monwy is tight, it will work with a roller retrofit.