307, 000 mile stock block blown car

Winters98GT

Whoop...whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop...GANGNAM STYLE!!!
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
H Town
Wow.... Im sure some of you that post at the corral might have heard about this, but I havent been over there in 4-5 years. I posted a thread on the depot about possibly putting a blower on my high milage car, and one of the guys said that a member at the corral has 307k on his stock block, with over 200k on it with the blower.

Thats insane.

• Sponsors (?)

posted on the "other forum", Im guessing its got to be the stock pulley, but not sure.Ill search it.

guy on corral has a 97 with a procharger p600b on it, car has 307k, blower has over 200k. and he is running the fmu

I have 145,000 on my 5.0L engine in my notch. Only new parts are plugs, wires, cap, rotor, oil pan gasket, water pump and T-stat. (Just preventive maintenence stuff) Car runs great...I mean GREAT!

I believe with maintenance and proper oil changes and tuning, any Mustang motor can last as long as you want it to.

also prolly if youre not constantly ragging on it. i know countless people who have run a low milage engine into the ground. but yeah my dad has 160,000 on an '88 Grand Marquis LS with the efi 302, changed the oil every 2,000 miles the life of the car. shes still runnin strong!