Progress Thread 331 Turbo Project - at shop for Paint & Interior

Progress!

Love that it's getting the pro attention it deserves. The project had just come to be out of my league. I'm stoked that my preferred hood fit. Their work on the inner fender in the engine bay looks like it's gonna turn out nice and they've repaired the damage to the core/radiator support. I got some interior quarter panels and they made em fit without cutting the cage. They're also modifying the cage to give me more seat/leg room. Of course, you can see they've got the black dash I've been storing forever put in. They'll relocate the computer & MSD box to the rear seat delete area.

I sent them a turbo upgrade, which is basically an S480 in a GT42R frame. It's a turbo that is brand new to the market and couldn't have come at a better time. It's the exact same footprint as my current GT42R76, and will greatly reduce backpressure. It should be good for around 1,100 rwhp.

It's time to start coming up with a new name for the car. Grover and Black Jack just fit my others. This one has gone through iterations that never felt right or only expressed my disappointment: Snake Pit, Father Time... Maybe something simple like "Blue" since when they're done, it'll be some shade of...

• Sponsors (?)

Is nobody else going to mention that in this color and light that you cannot tell if those vents are protruding down, into or up, out of the hood? :oops:

1717599977315.png

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 user