331 W/ S-TRIM HAS NO POWER?

BASICALLY WHAT THE TITLE SAYS. ITS NOW ONLY RUNNING AT ABOUT 2-3 LBS OF BOOST SINCE I REPLACED THE LONGBLOCK. I HAVE AN APPT TO GET IT TUNED NEXT WEEK. IM HOPING THAT WILL CURE MY PROBLEM. WHAT SIZE PULLEY WILL I NEED TO GET THE BOOST UP TO ABOUT 9-10 LBS?

• Sponsors (?)

I DONT THINK I HAVE A LEAK BUT I SHOULD CHECK THE BELT. WILL A TUNE CURE MY POWER PROBLEM BECAUSE RIGHT NOW MY 4 CYLINDER ACCORD IS QUICKER AND THATS MY GAS MILEAGE CAR. ANYWAYS THE SHOP THATS TUNING THE CAR SAID THEY HAVE A 2.93 OR 2.95?? PULLEY IN STOCK. WHAT BOOST WOULD I SEE WITH THAT?

the first step to getting help with your car is buying a new keyboard without the caps lock button superglued. this will lead to more people being less annoyed with reading all caps posts being more likely to assist you

boost is a measure of rescriction. you could run a 3.33 pulley and make 15lbs if your engine doesn't breath worth a crap. so the pulley size should be the least of your concern at the moment. what do you have on the car now? how is the timing? what did you set the baseline at?

the first step to getting help with your car is buying a new keyboard without the caps lock button superglued. this will lead to more people being less annoyed with reading all caps posts being more likely to assist you

Come on, you know the drill. Caps lock is the cruise control for e-thugs.

I'd start by trying to figure out why your only making 2lbs of boost. You probably have a huge boost leak. I saw a Cobra with a Procharger do the same thing, because it had an enormous boost leak.

Kurt

with those heads, you should need a 3.00 inch pulley to get 9-10#...

A 3.125 pulley will get you 10# on a stock engine, but yours will be flowing more air therefore loss boost with the same size pulley...

Dude. the pulley or boost is not the problem. you didnt lose 8psi to better airflow. there is something physicaly wrong with ur car. whether its piping, intake leak, or blown hg. getting it tuned now would be stupid.

well i figure i lost about 3-4 psi since the swap. now i also have not really tried getting into throttle so far. i spoke to the guy who built the engine and he told me that without a tune im going to fell like im down 300 hp. the car runs horribly right now. the pulley will be here on friday then it goes in for the tune.