347 Header Size and exhaust Diameter

The burn out process actually has me a little bit worried lol. I dont have line lock and I've never done a burn out in 2nd. If they have that much grip how do you get them to slip and do a burn out?

I've been looking it up a bunch and it seems that I just need to rev it up high dump the clutch and go straight to the brakes and apply as much as needed to keep me in place and then slowly come off the brake and push in the clutch once you gain a little traction. Does that sound about right? And why 2nd and not 1st?

Thanks for all the great advice and tips

Another part of the trickery. Getting the car to do a burnout in second gear on cold tires is not hard. Getting it to stay still without cooking the rear brakes is difficult. You have to dump the clutch, and the very quickly move your left foot over to the brake pedal and hold it just enough to keep the car from moving. Just hard enough to keep it still (ish), but not too hard to cook the rear brakes. When you see some smoke, let off the brakes, and let the car roll out.

Kurt

• Sponsors (?)

The burn out process actually has me a little bit worried lol. I dont have line lock and I've never done a burn out in 2nd. If they have that much grip how do you get them to slip and do a burn out?
Clearly you are not a teenager, lol.
Me personally, i'd take the car out to an abandoned or rarely driven road and practice.
If you are going to take this track thing serious and go often, buy a line lock.
Pain in the butt to put in (unless someone makes a prebent line kit now), but for someone that frequents the track, it's worth it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

I've been looking it up a bunch and it seems that I just need to rev it up high dump the clutch and go straight to the brakes and apply as much as needed to keep me in place and then slowly come off the brake and push in the clutch once you gain a little traction. Does that sound about right? And why 2nd and not 1st?

Thanks for all the great advice and tips

You do it exactly like that. They only hook when they are warmed up. They slip easy when they are cold. You have to do it in second gear, because they don't get hot enough in first gear.

Kurt

Here's the update. I went to the track last night. I installed the Strange Single Adjustable shocks in the rear along with rear lower control arms with the Spherical internal bushing with Poly externals. And some MT ET Street R slicks.

First run i ran i had the shocks set at 5 clicks from soft with 20 PSI cold on the tires.

2.222 60'
5.717 330'
8.527 1/8
88.51 mph
13.033 ET
110.02 trap
I launched at 3000rpm and spun the tires pretty bad. I only did a short burnout. Wasn't the best run, but was sti my best time yet.

2nd run I ran 15 psi and stiffened up the shocks two more clicks. And tried to launch at 2000rpm and the damn thing stuck hard and the car fell on its face lol. We wont talk about those times lol.

3rd run I stuck with the same settings and did a longer burnout and launched at 4000rpm and the thing stuck hard and I ran i best pass.

1.801 60'
5.329 330
8.140 1/8
88.50 mph
12.602 ET
110.82 trap

Unfortunately I didnt get to run again. A bunch of the big boys kept messing up the track. But i can definitely launch with more RPM and can probably get the ET somewhat lower.

Thanks for all the good tips guys! I cant wait to get back to the track

Reactions: 4 users
That’s a great improvement. With even less air in the tires, and the strange 10 ways for struts it would probably cut down even more.

Reactions: 1 users
I'll look into the V8 spindles. Yes the width of the bracket on the strut is about an 1/8 of an inch to narrow to go into the spindle. It was pretty annoying lol we got everything apart and went to install and bam to small lol.

Karthief these are just Struts I'm not going with the Coilovers.

Thanks guys

I'll look into the V8 spindles. Yes the width of the bracket on the strut is about an 1/8 of an inch to narrow to go into the spindle. It was pretty annoying lol we got everything apart and went to install and bam to small lol.

Karthief these are just Struts I'm not going with the Coilovers.

Thanks guys
Too many threads, too many wrong answers to give, brain filing broken.
I'll send you a pm