Engine 347 Stoker What oil pan, pickup, and pump?

Swhitney

Feb 11, 2019
Oregon City
Hey Guys!

This might have been beat up on some prior thread, but I didn't find any confirmed part numbers and such.

I have a 347 stoker engine with a stock oil pan and oil pump. I recently pulled it out for some maintenance under the hood. I wanted to put a windage tray in there and call it good. After playing around with a windage tray and stock pan I quickly ran into some clearance issues.

Anyone suggest oil pans with built in crank scrapper?
  • Is a high volume oil pump worth it? What part number?
  • Does this require a new pickup tube with the new pan, oil pump combo? If so what part number?
  • I really appreciate everyone's insight as there is so much to root through online.

No no no no no no no no on a HV pump they are the devil . You will try cramming oil in Mains and rod bearings that were clearanced for a standard pump and actually starve them . They have a tendency to suck the pan dry to .

Best pan I have used so far is the Moroso with the billet rails . They weld the rails in and they are super strong and won’t bend at the half moons and leak like cantons and others .

Reactions: 1 user
I agree on the oil pump, I don't know anything about the oil pan or windage tray, but I do know high volume oil pumps are made for racing engines that are built to max clearance on the bearings. I made that mistake once, on a rebuild, back when I was young and stupid.

Wow glad I posted on here! Other forms I’ve read on say the complete opposite. Would you have a part number for that oil pan? Does it have a built in windage tray/crank scrapper?
You can get one with it give me a bit I’ll look for you

My motor is built to turn 7000 plus and still has a standard volume in it . I just don’t like them at all

Here it is and then at the bottom you can see the correct windage tray and dipstick for it . Plug all part numbers into summit or jets I bet they have it. These billet end rails have no flex or give so I’m telling you they are very good at not leaking

I agree no high volume pump.

I've had a few different oil pans on different engines.
My 302/347 had a canton with windage tray and pick up and I really liked it.

Regardless of what pan, remember to measure and see how close to the bottom of the pan the pick up is. Don't trust any manufacturer.

Reactions: 1 users

What did you do about the low oil level sensor? This pan doesn't have a crank scrapper/windage tray what would you suggest there?

I picked up a 1 piece gasket, just waiting on pan/windage tray setups.
Related items at the bottom of the page points to the windage tray. I haven’t had a low oil sensor in years on this car . It doesn’t even have the factory harness or computer in it any more .