351 over 302

afso331

Apr 13, 2019
texas
i went to the juck yard saw a few 351w i in the f-250s and a couple vans,there $100 buck for the short block, is it really worth doin the exchange of the block,i already have the gt40 heads and intake off the explorers, would it be be worth putting that on the 351w, theres one piticular one i found thats pretty good shape the whole truck was nice it was just hit good from behind, let me guys thanx

• Sponsors (?)

Get it...its worth it even if you don't use it yourself. The gt40 heads on a 351 will work but they are not optimal for power.

However, the 351 will make more torque than a 302....and it'll handle power added a bunch more.

You want a roller block casting 4fte...since you've got to strip it you can identify it by the spider lifter brace in the valley under the intake. I think the 351 went roller in the early 90s ( could be wrong )

To put it in the mustang it'll need a swap oil pan, accessory brackets, headers, and lower intake.

It is worth it. Just do your research. There is quite a bit involved. Hood clearance is a definite issue. I had to buy a lot of parts for my conversion. Accessory brackets, headers, distributor, flywheel, oil pan, distributor gear for roller cam, serpentine belt. I’m sure there is more that I am missing. Intake! That’s a big one!