Forced Induction 351W fox going to On3 kit looking for suggestions

• Sponsors (?)

Man,I can't imagine putting this kit on a Windsor. It's packed tight with an 8.2 deck already. I just installed this kit on my car,so everything is very fresh in my mind. What engine management are you going with? I'm running the MSPNP 2. Buy the DEI easy loom and wrap everything you can with it. The turbo obviously puts out tremendous heat,so you need to protect everything. The boost controller they include in the kit is junk,it's literally a air regulator. So you need to decide if you want a boost controller or just run it off the gate with the included spring. The oil return hose,the barb is too short,making it next to impossible to get the clamp in there. I strongly suggest going to an an fitting with a stainless hose setup. If you don't opt for the ceramic coating,wrap all the hot pipes with header wrap. The smaller v-band clamps for the wastegate/blowoff valve are sketchy,so be careful when tightening them. If you respond back with more specifics I can try to help you out.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the input.
I’m running a PiMPxs and have most of the parts to convert to CNP with the expansion from Stinger. I have read/ watched videos that state I should wrap everything!! Thanks for the heads up about the weak clamps. This is what’s in the cart as of now, I forgot to add them.

Attachments

• C904E360-323E-4894-838D-FE768EAB0654.png
    C904E360-323E-4894-838D-FE768EAB0654.png
    241.3 KB · Views: 151
  • BE3DEFAA-4263-4397-8971-6ABC3BBAEABB.png
    BE3DEFAA-4263-4397-8971-6ABC3BBAEABB.png
    212.7 KB · Views: 145
Thanks for the input.
I’m running a PiMPxs and have most of the parts to convert to CNP with the expansion from Stinger. I have read/ watched videos that state I should wrap everything!! Thanks for the heads up about the weak clamps. This is what’s in the cart as of now, I forgot to add them.
I didn't purchase anything extra from them. You can get a turbo blanket on ebay for $25. I guarantee it's the same thing they're just making it convenient. I purchased an aftermarket vacumn tree on ebay and mounted it on the pass. side firewall. This allows you to run all the vacumn for the turbo without messing with anything else. Also,if you dont have a MM clutch cable,get one! Gives you tons of room to get around the forward facing header. I would skip the oil relocation kit as well,haven't heard anything good about it. Unfortunately,the FMS filter adapter is on national backorder. You can source one from a 5.0 Explorer though.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't purchase anything extra from them. You can get a turbo blanket on ebay for $25. I guarantee it's the same thing they're just making it convenient. I purchased an aftermarket vacumn tree on ebay and mounted it on the pass. side firewall. This allows you to run all the vacumn for the turbo without messing with anything else. Also,if you dont have a MM clutch cable,get one! Gives you tons of room to get around the forward facing header. I would skip the oil relocation kit as well,haven't heard anything good about it. Unfortunately,the FMS filter adapter is on national backorder. You can source one from a 5.0 Explorer though.

I actually bought and plan to convert to a McLeod hydro clutch, so no cable there by the time I get this installed. I will look at eBay for a blanket. I thought about the old explorer one,Thanks for confirming that had one back in the day. I’ll also look at that xtra vacuum tree.