370hpMotor=?hp to the wheels and combo questions

91notch5.0

Founding Member
Apr 15, 2001
warren mi
after a whole lot of thought i have decided to not make my car a carburated 358 windsor. now it will be a decently modded efi 306. the engine builder tell me it will mak 370hp so how much will i have by the time it gets to the wheels? it is a t5 car. what is a decent combo and can i get away form messing with the computer.

9/6-1
world windsor jr heads getting wild work and matched to the motor
real gt-40 intake
24# injectors
70 throttle body
shortie headers-off road H

any better ideas and what kinda e.t. am i looking at?
thanks..

• Sponsors (?)

a custom grind cam selection and a GREAT job on the heads in addition to an excellent dynotune will be required to reach your 300rwhp plus mark with your above mention componenets, 370 crank will be a stretch as she sits. It can be done with quality parts on a 306 but it usually takes some excellent parts research and a little cash.

I also agree with Dman...i dont think you are going to get 370fwhp out of that combo. What will the bottom end consist of...CR? Unless those head flow crazy numbers i would expect to see that combo around 275rwhp with a good tune and a good build. What cam were you planning on running? roller rocker ratio? MAF? I think that you should really spend some time matching parts that will work well together and build a combo that has a useable powerband. I would also agree with Dman that a dynotune (messing with comp.) will be absolutely neccessary if you want to get any big numbers out of that combo. I hate to discourage you man...but i'm in the same boat. i built a 10:1 306 with good components and a fairly well matched HCI and i can tell there is still a lot of power left out there for a good dyno tune or tweecer! the stock processor just cant deal with aftermarket MAF and injector combo's very well especially with a different HCI package...so consider a tune right away! good luck