3rd gear trans prob

So I just noticed that everytime I try to shift into 3rd gear it grinds and then will go into gear. I'm not having any other problems with any other gear, just 3rd. Does anyone know what may be my problem. It doesn't matter if I'm shifting from 2nd to 3rd or 4th to 3rd it does it all the time. Also I'm pretty sure my throw out bearing is going bad too cause it makes a 3650 trans. Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

So I just noticed that everytime I try to shift into 3rd gear it grinds and then will go into gear. I'm not having any other problems with any other gear, just 3rd. Does anyone know what may be my problem. It doesn't matter if I'm shifting from 2nd to 3rd or 4th to 3rd it does it all the time.

Sounds like the 3rd gear synchronizer is going out.

Also I'm pretty sure my throw out bearing is going bad too cause it makes a 3650 trans. Thanks in advance

:thinking:

ok so if it is my synchro's how hard would it be for me to replace em myself and can i get em from the dealer?

Are you prepared for this? Its an intense fix, and there's lots of small important steps that must be taken. I just rebuilt mine and trust me, take it too a good shop.

url] [Img]