4.6 2v Bolt Ons

Add up the cost of all the parts and tuning you're going to need and compare it to a supercharger from Vortech or Procharger. It could be an easier, more streetable, and reliable route to go depending on the power you're looking for.
 
Add up the cost of all the parts and tuning you're going to need and compare it to a supercharger from Vortech or Procharger. It could be an easier, more streetable, and reliable route to go depending on the power you're looking for.
Not to disrespect you and With all respect to turbos and superchargers some times NA is just better (personally) if I could run 10s na vs boosted I'd rather. My reasoning is you run that fast na and throw boost at it later you'll be fast we're if you boost yeah you can add more but you'll be restricted and just end up getting the parts eventually. But he should get an aftermarket intake manifold if he wants to put nitrous into the motor plastic isn't the greatest.
 
Not to disrespect you and With all respect to turbos and superchargers some times NA is just better (personally) if I could run 10s na vs boosted I'd rather. My reasoning is you run that fast na and throw boost at it later you'll be fast we're if you boost yeah you can add more but you'll be restricted and just end up getting the parts eventually. But he should get an aftermarket intake manifold if he wants to put nitrous into the motor plastic isn't the greatest.

I read it as more of a streetable and cost issue. For example the weekend mechanic may not be the best at ripping motors apart and risk a proper running car. Figure a brand new vortech is like 4200 all in and with a tune would run as stock but plus 100+ HP. Nickle and dime parts plus labor for proper install if you don't have the means adds up quicker than one would think especially if problems occur. However, I do agree that most things mentioned here for bolt on would be a benefit and most still used on a supercharged car. Personally all I want out of my new edge is consistent 12 sec passes even 12.99999s lol and that's easier for me than many guys cause I'm in PA and my tracks are cecil county and atco which are both well into the negative hundreds in DA late and early in the season.
 
  • Like
Reactions: XxApolloxX97
I read it as more of a streetable and cost issue. For example the weekend mechanic may not be the best at ripping motors apart and risk a proper running car. Figure a brand new vortech is like 4200 all in and with a tune would run as stock but plus 100+ HP. Nickle and dime parts plus labor for proper install if you don't have the means adds up quicker than one would think especially if problems occur. However, I do agree that most things mentioned here for bolt on would be a benefit and most still used on a supercharged car. Personally all I want out of my new edge is consistent 12 sec passes even 12.99999s lol and that's easier for me than many guys cause I'm in PA and my tracks are cecil county and atco which are both well into the negative hundreds in DA late and early in the season.
True. Nitrous has to be the best streetable honestly run 13s on the street take it to the track and run 12s mid 11s. But supercharger is also more friendly than na I agree.
 
Not to disrespect you and With all respect to turbos and superchargers some times NA is just better (personally) if I could run 10s na vs boosted I'd rather. My reasoning is you run that fast na and throw boost at it later you'll be fast we're if you boost yeah you can add more but you'll be restricted and just end up getting the parts eventually. But he should get an aftermarket intake manifold if he wants to put nitrous into the motor plastic isn't the greatest.

If you make big power naturally aspirated, the work you've done likely won't like forced induction, for example running high compression. For most people, a simple 8-10 psi on an otherwise mostly stock engine will make them happy. It is also much more streetable than a high hp na engine.

The plastic intake is fine. The only time it would shatter due to running nitrous is if he has a backfire into the intake, where it won't matter what intake he has as it'll blow itself off the engine anyways.
 
Last edited:
You have a choice between edlebrock, professional products, and trickflow there's more just those are the main. Edlebrock will change the effective rpm range of your motor it's designed for higher rpms and you'll also need special rails and other stuff to make it work. Professional products is a cheep easy replacement and comes in 3 pieces so it can easily be ported but you'll find mixed reviews on it (I had one and loved it). But the trickflow is the most exspensive but has a great design I believe the maximum single tb size is 75mm but I believe you can change it to twin. But for tb size I'm not sure. The thing with nitrous is it's a more efficient air so it's basically like a high altitude jet bringing its own air you wouldn't have to worry about a massive amount of it I would say 75mm should be good.
Where do you buy the trick flow heads and which one do you suggest for a build being discussed minus nitrous? What size cam do you suggest?
 
Where do you buy the trick flow heads and which one do you suggest for a build being discussed minus nitrous? What size cam do you suggest?
Summit
Late model restoration
Modular headshop
Modular motorsports racing
Just some of the places that sell them. Only modular headshop and mmr will sell a ported trickflow set(out of the places I listed again lots of other places sell heads). I'm no cam expert I'd talk to the people you're buying it from about that. But for pi I would say streetable would be a stage 2.5 or 3 depending on cam grinds however the trickflows have a better setup so a smaller stage can go further with them I'd say a stage 1 or 2 would be very streetable but again it depends on how exactly MHS or MMR grind cams for the trickflow heads. Summit and LMR only sell the kit and they come with trickflow cams. Im no expert I can only give an opinion and point you in a direction. Once you fingure out who you're buying things from stick with them and tell them your goals they'll give you exact answers
 
As for cam selection get a hold of Todd Warren (NASVT on svt and other forums). He is one of the best at cam profiles and selection.

Also be sure you properly degree them. Don't line them up dot to dot no matter what anyone tells you.