• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

4.6 2v Bolt Ons

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jaime Tucjer
  • Start date Start date Aug 14, 2017
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
First Prev 3 of 3
B

Brady's 2003GT

Member
Oct 12, 2016
94
5
8
Aug 31, 2017
#41
  • Aug 31, 2017
  • #41
Jaime Tucjer said:
I just installed BBK 78 mm throttle body. I'm having issues with the Accelerator cable it only has 3/4 throttle. Is there a ix for this with out getting a cable.
Click to expand...
There is a fix and this may not help you... the fix is not to get BBK products. I preach to people that BBK is not a good product
 
X

XxApolloxX97

Member
Mar 7, 2017
59
9
18
Aug 31, 2017
#42
  • Aug 31, 2017
  • #42
Jaime Tucjer said:
I just installed BBK 78 mm throttle body. I'm having issues with the Accelerator cable it only has 3/4 throttle. Is there a ix for this with out getting a cable.
Click to expand...
Is the cable set up 100% correct? Nothing is possibly in the way? I have the 78mm throttle body on my 01 had no problems. Check the pedal make sure it goes all the way to the floor. No floor mats in the way or anything. I never had the problem sorry I couldn't help on this one good luck!
Nothing wrong with bbk like all products and companies you have people that swear against them and some that praise them. I've had multiple bbk products and I was very satisfied with them only reason I'm not using them is because they will be my restriction point so I need bigger and they don't offer it.
 
J

Jaime Tucjer

Member
Aug 14, 2017
73
2
8
Sep 1, 2017
#43
  • Sep 1, 2017
  • #43
Brady's 2003GT said:
There is a fix and this may not help you... the fix is not to get BBK products. I preach to people that BBK is not a good product
Click to expand...
So your saying all BBK products are not a good product.
 
B

Brady's 2003GT

Member
Oct 12, 2016
94
5
8
Sep 1, 2017
#44
  • Sep 1, 2017
  • #44
All companies have ups and downs. I'm just not a fan of BBK because I think the cons outweigh the pros. But a product in particular by BBK is the long tube headers. Nothing wrong with those. But with their UDP's and cold air, and throttle body's they're bottom tier in my opinion.
 
J

Jaime Tucjer

Member
Aug 14, 2017
73
2
8
Sep 1, 2017
#45
  • Sep 1, 2017
  • #45
Patriot heads for the 2V a good quality head or a waste of money?
 

squeak93

15 Year Member
Jun 2, 2005
2,320
397
164
Joplin, Missouri
Sep 1, 2017
#46
  • Sep 1, 2017
  • #46
NONONONONO. Do not buy patriot.
 
J

Jaime Tucjer

Member
Aug 14, 2017
73
2
8
Sep 1, 2017
#47
  • Sep 1, 2017
  • #47
Patriot heads for the 2V a good quality head or a waste of money?
squeak93 said:
NONONONONO. Do not buy patriot.
Click to expand...
Have you tried them. I guess the price is to Good to be true.
 

squeak93

15 Year Member
Jun 2, 2005
2,320
397
164
Joplin, Missouri
Sep 1, 2017
#48
  • Sep 1, 2017
  • #48
I have owned patriot heads. Never again. Either have your set ported by a good local vendor or look at MHS or other vendors. For the money I'd just buy trick flows and be done with it. (This comes from a guy who just tossed a set of ported heads due to a cracked lash adjuster galley).

Have any used heads you purchase checked out by a reputable head shop. Preferably someone who knows mod motor heads well.
 
Reactions: Brady's 2003GT
J

Jaime Tucjer

Member
Aug 14, 2017
73
2
8
Sep 1, 2017
#49
  • Sep 1, 2017
  • #49
squeak93 said:
I have owned patriot heads. Never again. Either have your set ported by a good local vendor or look at MHS or other vendors. For the money I'd just buy trick flows and be done with it. (This comes from a guy who just tossed a set of ported heads due to a cracked lash adjuster galley).

Have any used heads you purchase checked out by a reputable head shop. Preferably someone who knows mod motor heads well.
Click to expand...
Thanks for the great information
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
First Prev 3 of 3
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

E
1986 Convertable 5.0 GT
  • eneerg
  • Sep 24, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
4
Views
310
The Welcome Wagon Sep 24, 2025
Noobz347
C
98 gt fuel pressure issues
  • chasecollier1984
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
143
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 2, 2026
chasecollier1984
C
E
New Member with 91 foxbody
  • EricMac13
  • Jul 22, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
9
Views
496
The Welcome Wagon Jul 23, 2025
EricMac13
E
Tuners come on inside
  • squeak93
  • Feb 13, 2026
  • SVT Tech Forum
Replies
1
Views
321
SVT Tech Forum Feb 20, 2026
squeak93
T
First Car, what should I do for power??
  • tunedV6
  • Apr 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
382
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 4, 2026
580HP*428Cj
5
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?