4.6 to 5.0

Ok dont tell the 4.6 ppl :D . Im wanting to do a 5.0 motor swap in my 03 GT and i figure you guys know these motors best. So tell me what i should with my motor if i want my setup and how much it will cost motor alone. I want a 333 or a 331 or even a 347. I want to do a single turbo kit with a C4 tranny i want a beast of a motor. I want yout input my budgets around 7 thousand.:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

coming from both sides of the spectrum, i agree that you are wasting your money. 7k isnt gonna cut the mustard if you arent doing the work yourself. think about the involvement here:

Engine
Trans
Tuning
Wiring harness
Exhaust
Any fab work that should arise for some reason
Labor
Turbo
Piping
Intercooler
etc.

I could go for days. Im not being a prick, so please do not take it that way. Ive worked for Mustang shops and its just not "smart investing". Do something fun, like a 4v swap with a turbo. good luck.

unless you run drags only i dont see why you would ever want to do this. Its a dumb idea.

the mod motor can handle more power than stock 5.0 would ever dream of putting out.

First of all, last time i checked the 5.0 cammer engine was 15k, and he said his budget was 7k lol. Second of all, it would be alot wiser to just boost the 4.6, stronger block, plus you don't have to go through all the work of swapping engine, trans, wiring harness..etc etc etc.

88Stang331 said:
First of all, last time i checked the 5.0 cammer engine was 15k, and he said his budget was 7k lol. Second of all, it would be alot wiser to just boost the 4.6, stronger block, plus you don't have to go through all the work of swapping engine, trans, wiring harness..etc etc etc.

Please read my post this time......I told him to save MORE money, I know damn well how much they cost. I also told him in my first reply to boost his current engine, please come up with an original idea if you would like to post again:nonono:

CENTENNIALSTANG said:
iSo would i get more power with a 2v stroker shortblock or a beefed up 5.0 motor.

Do a modded 4.6L, it will be cheaper for you.

I only say this because the car is already set up for the 4.6 motor.

To convert to a 5.0, and use a modified 5.0 at that, will cost significantly more case than just rebuilding the 4.6L

hmmmm if it were me.....

if you can afford the "down" time, go to junkyard pick up a four valve all aluminum engine (low mileage, they are EVERYWHERE!) port the heads yourself or prof., pick up a custom harness or better yet megasquirt, and centrifugal or KB blower would be quite a beast, 8-10PSI.When you pop the bottom end opt for the forged bottom kit from Modular Powerhouse, then you have a cobra killer. but thats just me.:nice:

*edit* Honestly unless you want to go with a 351 stroker all out drag car I would scrap the pushrod idea.......its just not worth it!