$40 for trx wheels and tires... is it worth it.

carbed87

Jun 5, 2005
some guy on craigslist is selling them with tires, i thought they'd be cool just to have around (you really can't beat $40 for a whole set of wheels and tires) mabye they'd be good spares or something... anyways, are they even worth $40

• Sponsors (?)

From a collector/restorer standpoint, buy them....who knows what they'll be worth in a few years. But, from a practicality standpoint they're virtually useless unless you're restoring.

85_SS_302_Coupe said:
From a collector/restorer standpoint, buy them....who knows what they'll be worth in a few years. But, from a practicality standpoint they're virtually useless unless you're restoring.

lol yeah, i know, but $40 for a complete set of working wheels is just to good to pass up.

I have a set that needs refinnished. I wish someone would start making some tires for them so they wouldn't be so expensive. You can get trx tires from coker tire but they are NOS michelins and every one that is sold drives the price higher. I think the smallest size they had was over $200 a tire.

oooooh if i owned an '82 GT i'd have to leave it stock looking, at least for shows. This one...i have to believe this is an old pic from when the car was new...i've never seen an '82 GT THAT clean...makes my eyes tear up.

attachment.php

795.0pacecar said:
I wish they were reproduced in bigger standard sizes because IMO they look awesome and would look pretty good 16" or 17" with 275s.
79.jpg

I've thought the same thing....there were a lot of tribar style wheels, even with pretty much the same style, but i really HATE tribar rims....i don't know if i'd like it or not. I think the reason i'd like the originals is just because it IS original.

Someday........ There was a guy on foureyedpride a while back talking about having some made, and there have been a few threads about cutting out the centers and welding them into 15" or 16" wheels.