Exactly, the motor should make 1000HP with that kind of boost.

Not sure if the Aeromotive System or the injectors are up to the task. However, E85 would be great to run on the street.

Hed probably need to go to an eliminator pump over the a 1000 . 120s may not cut it on regular fuel . E85 hed deff be out of injector .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

Ok.

Firstly that is a very nice build. The attention to detail is reminiscent of Scott's build. Did you do all of that fab work?

I'm an outspoken critic of "too much power" for the sake of chest thumping, so my first question is:

Other than "because," what would be the point? The only place more power than the tires can hold makes any sense is in the pursuit of speed. Aka a drag car. Clearly, your car wasn't built as a drag car.

Once tire spin becomes a limiting factor, how much harder can they spin at 600 WHP/700/800....1000? At your current HP/TQ level you should be able to roll into the throttle and light the tires off rolling,....so again,....what's the point?

There are more than a few here that build that kind of power one year, just to end up posting a returning it back to stock thread a few years later. At the very least, they tame the car back down to the level you are currently sporting.

With every big power Forced induction build comes the hassles that revolve around
them....heat,...troubleshooting,...maintenance....breakage,......... reliability.
All of that equals a car that sits.... or at best, rarely gets driven.

Everything that you have done looks to be certainly up to the task,...but it always leaves me to wonder why mess with a good thing?

Reactions: 1 user
Hed probably need to go to an eliminator pump over the a 1000 . 120s may not cut it on regular fuel . E85 hed deff be out of injector .
He would probably have enough pump and has enough injector, just didn't know if they were E85 friendly.

Ok.

Firstly that is a very nice build. The attention to detail is reminiscent of Scott's build. Did you do all of that fab work?

I'm an outspoken critic of "too much power" for the sake of chest thumping, so my first question is:

Other than "because," what would be the point? The only place more power than the tires can hold makes any sense is in the pursuit of speed. Aka a drag car. Clearly, your car wasn't built as a drag car.

Once tire spin becomes a limiting factor, how much harder can they spin at 600 WHP/700/800....1000? At your current HP/TQ level you should be able to roll into the throttle and light the tires off rolling,....so again,....what's the point?

There are more than a few here that build that kind of power one year, just to end up posting a returning it back to stock thread a few years later. At the very least, they tame the car back down to the level you are currently sporting.

With every big power Forced induction build comes the hassles that revolve around
them....heat,...troubleshooting,...maintenance....breakage,......... reliability.

Everything that you have done looks to be certainly up to the task,...but it always leaves me to wonder why mess with a good thing?
Completely agree. I have one of these cars. Absolutely, not worth it. I'm looking at building another 450-500rwhp just to have fun again.
I have to agree to a point.... even my measly 380rwtq 280rwhp...... blows the tires off in 4th gear...
Might want to look into tires and suspension.

Reactions: 1 users
Ok.

With his setup and the Holley - his driveablilty should be stellar . He may fight some small issues when he puts the blower on but for the most part his combo is sorted . He could do a low timing mild street tune and have the big boy tune for the track as well . The car will behave fine with the big injectors . I've personally seen nicks car run on 93 with 500lb injectors and cruise around a car show fails to get on and off the trailer .

Having two tunes he'd have the power if he wanted it . Still have the cool factor of the blower and still make killer street power .

With his setup and the Holley - his driveablilty should be stellar . He may fight some small issues when he puts the blower on but for the most part his combo is sorted . He could do a low timing mild street tune and have the big boy tune for the track as well . The car will behave fine with the big injectors . I've personally seen nicks car run on 93 with 500lb injectors and cruise around a car show fails to get on and off the trailer .

Having two tunes he'd have the power if he wanted it . Still have the cool factor of the blower and still make killer street power .

Ok,..let me put this into perspective to remake my point.

I'm gonna hit you in the head really hard w/ a 2.5 lb hammer. (Not literally)

How much more dead would you be if I had used a sledge instead?

Last edited:
Ok,..let me put this into perspective to remake my point.

I'm gonna hit you in the head really hard w/ a 2.5 lb hammer. (Not literally)

How much more dead would you be if I had used a sledge instead?

What are we getting at that it doesn't make a difference ? The power is there if he wanted it or if he wanted to tame it down a bit that is possible . Even run a bigger pulley on the street . I was just discussing options .

I'm a big supporter of high HP full functioning street driven cars . So I like to see stuff like this . It is doable with today's technology . We all know that.

I agree with both points. More power is kind of overkill for a fun street car but also if it's rarely opened up on the street...and with today's tech..why not?

All I can say is WoW...!!! That car is nice. I really like how the fuel cell is done. Great job !!!

Go for what you want. The super charger would set that car on a whole different level.

Huge horsepower numbers are very hard to tame on the street...especially with morning dew and cooler temps. Just be mindful that power is an addiction....eventually you could end up with a trailer queen that only drives at the track..or off the trailer at car shows.

Sure you know this already judging by the work you put in that beast.

Completely agree. I have one of these cars. Absolutely, not worth it. I'm looking at building another 450-500rwhp just to have fun again.

Might want to look into tires and suspension.
I already have both... 275 nittos and team z street beast control arms.. however the car is lowered and convertible.
Not to mention that the 380tq is at 2500rpm.... makes for a very fun ride.

Btw, if any of you are wanting to or know someone who wants to modify their SC bracket to fit perfectly on a 9.5 deck height block, the guy who did mine did an outstanding job. It fits all head and block holes, and fits under the hood. I think he said he would charge around $250 for the modification.