Roush 42lb injector ?

• Sponsors (?)

03s281sc said:
Can i run 42lb injectors without getting it tuned? Also if i can use the 42's for now could i use a lmaf with them as well without a tune just yet...

I can tell you that the car is driveable...but not recommended at all!!! I installed the 42 lb injectors, pulley, and upgraded Cobra tank and pumps then drove to my local dyno shop about 30-40 minutes away without getting crazy with the throttle. No problems idling or normal driving...but I wouldn't want to see what would happen if you got on it.

I can tell you that the car is driveable...but not recommended at all!!! I installed the 42 lb injectors, pulley, and upgraded Cobra tank and pumps then drove to my local dyno shop about 30-40 minutes away without getting crazy with the throttle. No problems idling or normal driving...but I wouldn't want to see what would happen if you got on it.

What would happen if you did get on it? Too much fuel? I don't see a problem because you def. wouldnt detonate

Can i run 42lb injectors without getting it tuned? Also if i can use the 42's for now could i use a lmaf with them as well without a tune just yet...

You certainly need to get it tuned. If you wanna run a 38 lb injector and an FMU, this would be more to your liking. I can't see why anybody would run a 42 without a tune, your car will run like crap. Too much fuel at all times.

You certainly need to get it tuned. If you wanna run a 38 lb injector and an FMU, this would be more to your liking. I can't see why anybody would run a 42 without a tune, your car will run like crap. Too much fuel at all times.

You can but not WOT.

You will Need a tune with 42lbs and a Lightning MAF

inj

you def need a tune when switching inj, the computer needs to be adjusted to the inh size, and as far as not blowing the motor, thats not ture, when ever changing a varaible in a car with an ecu you should always retune.