Progress Thread 43 years later

• Sponsors (?)

I saw the stock pilot bearing/bushing and what appeared to be the stock bell. Tells me they have the right length input shaft for our bell. I'm excited!!!

Did you trim the stock bell opening or did MDL trim the bearing carrier?

The block plate. Words are hard sometimes. lol

Mine is made from an automatic block plate. Yours looked new and I was hoping it was an MDL item as well.

I need to call them but want to have enough funds before I bother them.

Reactions: 1 user
No the pilot bushing is not stock. It came from MDL but it's extended in length to fit the T5 input shaft. You can have them made. @extra_stout has the dimensions on his build thread.
The bearing carrier is the same diameter as the stock 4 speed so it fits perfect. I put a dial indicator on it and spun the motor to check for centered align with the center of the crank. It was good.

I think I posted the pdf in his thread. Had my bushing made from oilite but was hoping we could use the stock one. I'm just happy they have a solution and I wont need to use the 3 inch long bushing.

Good to hear they shaved the carrier. Instead of requiring the bell be machined.

Reactions: 1 users
Dropped off the motor today. They were welding up the steel. Things should progress nicely now. Fishing trip planned next week, again.

Attachments

• Engine drop off1.jpg
    Engine drop off1.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Engine drop off2.jpg
    Engine drop off2.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Engine drop off3.jpg
    Engine drop off3.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Engine drop off4.jpg
    Engine drop off4.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Engine drop off5.jpg
    Engine drop off5.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Engine drop off6.jpg
    Engine drop off6.jpg
    739.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Engine drop off7.jpg
    Engine drop off7.jpg
    482.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Happy
Reactions: 2 users
I had to look twice but yes. Not sure of the year. But it was a CutlessS. Somebody just drove it in to see what they could do for it. Covered with dust but looked really nice. Behind that was a 454 Chevelle.

Installed the hydraulic slave cylinder and the prothane transmission mount today.

Attachments

• T5 mount.jpg
    T5 mount.jpg
    491.8 KB · Views: 77
  • T5 slave.jpg
    T5 slave.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 63
What color is Enzios car going to be ??
You must have missed something. It was original Black with Gold stripes. Around 1982 I had it repainted all Black. About 10 years ago I bought a complete set of the gold stripes from Phil. Now I'm not so sure about the stripes. I'm going to talk to the paint guy Thursday and see what he thinks. @2Blue2 got me thinking differently. Darn him anyway:thinking:

• Haha
cc1290c78db2fe4cc8df0b63a20e3f9d54e5e7024264dc2948fd2d61dcb3b03a_1.jpg

Hmmm..... This description is new to me?? Hoping it's not the case for your sake! ;)

img_2757.jpg

And I wonder how many of these I incorporate into my daily conversations. I can definitely point out a few I use regularly. :shrug:

Does that mean I'm a whippersnapper with a discombobulated vocabulary? I'll be flabbergasted if that's the malarkey my shenanigans make you nincompoops think I'm like. But this is enough poppycock for now, show us the progress!! :jester: