Progress Thread 43 years later

• Sponsors (?)

Here's a couple of pictures in the sun. It's so shiny that it's almost impossible to do with out the reflection of the background.

Now the car dries for a week or so and on to reassembly.

Attachments

• IMG_3108.JPG
    IMG_3108.JPG
    348.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3110.JPG
    IMG_3110.JPG
    312.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Hell Yeah!
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users
I forgot to say they will wet sand all the way to 5000 grit, then buff it out. THEN go to reassembly.
And no I have a really small 1 car crappy garage. But it works for me for now. I'll start to look for a heated storage place for next winter. I may even move.
Where've you been?

It's starting to go together.

Attachments

• IMG_3119.JPG
    IMG_3119.JPG
    413.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3120.JPG
    IMG_3120.JPG
    360.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3121.JPG
    IMG_3121.JPG
    383.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Drool
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
What exactly do you want to see?
I'm on the Canadian border skiing and fishing. I needed to think about what to do with my car. The guys want to finish it as all the work right now is in body and paint. The price was right. Not sure yet what to do. And I don't want you guys to throw me outta here if I go that route. Thing is my little garage is not heated and I'd just leave it sit there until it warms up in the spring to get to work on it.
I'll head back there next Wednesday to check on progress and tell them to proceed put the drivetrain in with all the rear end changes.
Thoughts?

Reactions: 1 user
What exactly do you want to see?
I'm on the Canadian border skiing and fishing. I needed to think about what to do with my car. The guys want to finish it as all the work right now is in body and paint. The price was right. Not sure yet what to do. And I don't want you guys to throw me outta here if I go that route. Thing is my little garage is not heated and I'd just leave it sit there until it warms up in the spring to get to work on it.
I'll head back there next Wednesday to check on progress and tell them to proceed put the drivetrain in with all the rear end changes.
Thoughts?

I want to see the victory lap, but I'm willing to wait... ;)

Is a car ok when it sits in zero degree weather. Will the dash crack ?
No it's hard on them. The interior is pretty much okay as long as you have nothing sitting on the interior parts. Seats, Dash etc. They will mold. That's due to condensation in the spring when it warms up and everything inside is super cold. This also happens to the engine. that's a big chunk of iron. So, the engine also condensates and you get rust starting to show through.

Either way I'm not driving until spring. I won't even have it towed due to salt all over the roads in the twin cities. That's why you don't drive until Memorial day so the rain has a chance to clean the highways.

The price was right. Not sure yet what to do. And I don't want you guys to throw me outta here if I go that route. Thing is my little garage is not heated and I'd just leave it sit there until it warms up in the spring to get to work on it.
Honestly I would let them do it, if you can afford it. If they did good work until now, why shouldn't they finish it nicely?!
Because of the pandemic they will be happy to have some work, right?!
I can understand if you want to do that experience yourself, but it will go slowly and will be frustrating - at least at some points.
You need to understand that I do all in my small garage and I see now, that it is unsuitable. The car did get some scratches just because there is not enough room to work on the car on both sides.

And I don't want you guys to throw me outta here if I go that route.
Aslong as we get enough pictures, we are happy if you go that route...

Yes I'll video tape it when I learn to drive again.
And if there will be additional videos of the car, we are more than happy. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users