4X4 Look that can't be fixed?

Xaranthu

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2002
New York
Not sure if anyone has tripped over this yet. I was in the process of updating my site and adding some links and ran into this.

stangranger.jpg

I've got some big projects on the go, but this takes the cake. Not sure if I like it, but props to the guys that did all that work.

:shrug:

Z.

• Sponsors (?)

is that legit or photoshoped?

weird.

I wonder why he used 94-98 side scoops with the 99+ front end.

Don't know if I like it either, but I would like it better if it were dropped.

I think a key aspect of the project was the all wheel drive/Mustang hybrid endgame. I think we northerners have all probably wished for AWD the odd time while driving our strangs. In this application I would have liked to see about two inches of that height knocked off or in the least, 20 inch wheels to help fill the gap... Better make a note of that, because it's the one and only time I'll ever say 20 inch wheels should be used... ever.

I was also wondering about the scoops, but if you look at the divide line on the truck it fits without compromising the curvature of the top of the box. I would have liked the larger C-Scoop as well, but it would have meant lowering the entire molding line. With the blending of the Ranger and Mustang fender that's already evident when you really look at it, to sink the molding line even one more inch would have involved tons more fabrication along the entire side. Even without moving that line lower, elimination of it from the up point of the 99+ scoop to the back of the box would be a must so it wouldn't look stupid... Either too much work or the artist just liked those scoops better. :shrug:

Z.

Someone already did this a long time ago on a Fox Body and F-150. It was called the Truckstang. It actually looked just as nice as this one, but it was at a Mustang's ride height, and of course sported the 5.0 engine.