5.0 Into Miata Conversion

• Sponsors (?)

The guide does actually call for milling .25 off the lower. But that's for the fox HO intake. Not sure if my sn95 would be the same height as that. Some pics I've seen make the later one look taller. Will likely just end up going with the earlier GT 40 intake anyways as a lot of the conversions are making it work. That cobra one looks nice though. The tubular one looks real nice.....holy pricey though.

It would be easier to raise the bridge rather than lowering the water... get a hood with some cowl....

DSC02305.jpg

DSC02304.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I have the car. Got a nice '90 base model with about 30k miles. Once I get the engine I'll post a "freshening up" thread. I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions as I go along with that. Plan is to put some miles on the car as is this year while I gather parts. Hopefully start the swap late fall. Once I start tearing into it, I'll want to get it done fast.
Here's a pic of my little chick car.

Attachments

• bluemiata3.jpg
    bluemiata3.jpg
    798 KB · Views: 206
  • bluemiata2.jpg
    bluemiata2.jpg
    650.9 KB · Views: 194
Quick question regarding intake manifolds again. I've researched a bit and it appears the stock '94-95 HO intake is the shortest of the bunch. Can it be drilled for the IAT sensor?
Remember I'm going with the A9L 'puter and harness. Otherwise I'll have to pick up an earlier GT40 intake with the bung.