5.0 roller setup in 351?

I was wondering if I could use the spider/dogbones and stock lifters from my 5.0 to convert an older 351 into a roller block. I have seen the after market retro linked lifters and was confused about the different combos. Also if I can use the 5.0 parts can I use a roller cam, or do I have to buy a small circle base cam? I know I would have to drill holes for the spider to work but I just thought it would be a lot cheaper then paying 400+ for the retro lifters. If anyone can list the possible combos that would be cool.
Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Ok I found more info and figured out that you can use the stock spider and lifters if you drill the holes, but you have to use a small circle base cam. Or buy the retrofit roller lifters and you can use any 302 or 351 roller cam if you change the distributor gear to steel. But does anyone know if you need to change anything else like valve springs or push rods? This is a budget build until I have the money next summer to put on nice heads and intake. If I can get away with using old springs and pushrods for 6 monthes then I would be happy.