5.4 3v intake final runners

billfisher

Jul 17, 2005
huntsville, AL
i have finalized the 3v intake mods. the final runner length is 11" just like cobra 'R'.
i will post pics tomorrow. this is encouraging for short runner 5.4 also i think this will be real close to fitting under hood. the motor is .707" taller at the intake (horizontal) plane. this manifold's throttle body mounting point is lower than 4.6 2v. if you look back at the pics i posted showing the intake it is lower profile than 5.4 2v truck. i am using a 90* cobra shaped elbow to feed the 75mm throttle body . i plan to put it in this weekend. we shall see. no matter what it is not going to be like putting a 5.4 2v truck motor in it. way lower (no exact number).i will guess the intake picked up 1.5 - 2 litres in volume. 2.2 square inches x 7 inches for 8 runners to include volume under original runners. it all gets added to the original volume. good night.

• Sponsors (?)

billfisher said:
i have finalized the 3v intake mods. the final runner length is 11" just like cobra 'R'.
i will post pics tomorrow. this is encouraging for short runner 5.4 also i think this will be real close to fitting under hood. the motor is .707" taller at the intake (horizontal) plane. this manifold's throttle body mounting point is lower than 4.6 2v. if you look back at the pics i posted showing the intake it is lower profile than 5.4 2v truck. i am using a 90* cobra shaped elbow to feed the 75mm throttle body . i plan to put it in this weekend. we shall see. no matter what it is not going to be like putting a 5.4 2v truck motor in it. way lower (no exact number).i will guess the intake picked up 1.5 - 2 litres in volume. 2.2 square inches x 7 inches for 8 runners to include volume under original runners. it all gets added to the original volume. good night.

Sounds like you are well on your way. Keep us posted.

i wish i had help. o am taking three days of to do it. i have done dozens of custom installs. there is always little probs that pop up. i am using a couple of my sensors. cam throttle. the idle bypass is built into the manifold. the throttle is converted to use my factory cable and cruise clip. i am using my injectors and MAF for now. a little small, but 85 maf soon and larger injectors. i need to get it running before modding. then look out. cams,LT's are almost ready to weld flanges. 3" 90* 18" elbows and mufflers on end. 85mm 88-93 TB next. then VCT last. long way to go. maybe it will go smooth.