5 Lug Swap Tire Size Question (i Searched First)

Green 94 5.0

Founding Member
Mar 25, 2002
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
So I am about to finish my 5 lug swap on my 1992 GT. The parts consist of ranger axles out back with drums for now and 94-95 spindles out front and Cobra brakes. The wheels going on are OEM 17x9 03-04 Cobra wheels. I went with this configuration because I do not want the wheels/tires sticking out from under the fenders. I want as close to a "came that way from the factory" look as possible. That being said, I need to order tires for the wheels. I am looking at the regular Nitto NT555's out front and Nitto NT555R drag radials out back. Will the 275/40/17's fit properly in the fenders with this configuration? The front of the car has coilovers and a c/c plate kit (adjusted for full caster/full positive camber with the current tires just at the wheel wells) and the rear has stock fox rear springs on a standard UC/LC setup. I just don't want to be caught in a situation where the tires don't clear. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

the 275 will fit in the back for sure, but may be too wide for the front, especially with coilovers. a 245/45 or 255/45 would be a better match. i run a 245/45 and 275/40 combo myself with very little issue, just a bit of rub when backing out of my driveway (with your '92 fenders, shouldnt be an issue).