5 speed for 1990 auto

• Sponsors (?)

Well it isn't really that bad if you got a weekend to do it in...and especially if you have a lift...

The clutch pedal assembly is probably the hardest part of it all because of the lack of room... :bang:

There are 5spd conversion kits that come with everything you need...(tremec, clutch set, etc...)

good luck,
David

high speed stall? Not to familiar with that?

Not to familiar with that? Would that be the same as a shift kit? You just led me into another question about the gears. I have 327's now, what do you suggest? 355,s. Im thinking the same way as you as far as saving some funds and a whole weekend. Rather deal with some gears than a trani.

willys1 said:
Dude,save your money and get a good automatic,high speed stall,and a set of gears!! :nice:

Not to familiar with that? Would that be the same as a shift kit? You just led me into another question about the gears. I have 327's now, what do you suggest? 355,s. Im thinking the same way as you as far as saving some funds and a whole weekend. Rather deal with some gears than a trani.

willys1 said:
Dude,save your money and get a good automatic,high speed stall,and a set of gears!! :nice:

Negative...Not even a built up AUTO will compare to a 5 speed...I know cuz I had an AOD with a shift kit and a converter...Needless to say...it is far more expensive modding an AOD. But back to the original question...it not that hard...like someone said the pedal assembly is the hardest...the rest is a piece of cake although it a bitch to drop the tranny and put it back up...it's well worth it. Get something better than a T-5...maybe like a World Class T-5 or a tremec. :nice: