65 new turbo install

I am currently installing the third complete 351W based drive train in my 65. It is opened up to 427, has Fitech rail injection with ignition control, and two T3/T4 turbos. The trans is an AODE controlled by Baumann Quick 4. The rear is a 3.50 Torque Worm. Rear tires are MT street 245/60/15.

I have two diesels. Neither has fresh air to the crankcase. The 2001 PSD just runs a pipe from a valve cover to the compressor intake. On the IDI I ran pipes from both valve covers to a Mann separator and the output of the separator to a draft tube. Initially I had the draft tube because I wanted to see how well the Mann was stopping oil. I have since decided the engine runs better on diesel fuel than it does on crankcase fumes.

So far I have not poked any holes in the 427 valve covers. What to do for crankcase ventilation in a turbo gas engine????

And then there is instrumentation. On the IDI I am monitoring exhaust temp on each bank, air temp at the intake manifold, and intake pressure/vac. What is useful on a turbo gas engine.

The last pic at the bottom of this album is the current state of things. There are some captions at the pic bottoms and right side bar;
https://goo.gl/photos/PPcZpByXAgfp8kTk6

• Sponsors (?)

MAT temps, O2 readings. you want to be in the 11.6 AFR range for safety on a gas engine, on the conservative side you want to pull abour .75-1* of ignition advance per PSI of boost. 28* of advance is a safe starting point at atmosphere and you want to ramp down to around 20-18* at 10psi as a starting point.

when first tuning its best to be rich and undertimed unless you like to burn things up... abort pull if AFR dips below 10.5 or above 12.8 the first will lift a ring land and the latter will burn a hole in the piston worst case scenarios

Prior to this turbo install my only turbo experience was a remote turbo I installed on an E350 7.3 IDI. I made it remote because of lack of space on the engine. Finding space for an inter-cooler is also difficult, so I put a temp sender in the compressor output close to the engine intake to help judge whether a cooler was necessary.

The gauge is metric and starts at 40c - about 105f. Around town it never gets above 40c. On a long hill I may see 70c.

The Mustang is running. There is no connection between the compressors and the intake. At idle the air from the compressors feels hot.

How hot is too hot. Some are using water-to-air coolers. Isn't that radiator water? Are they trying to cool compressor air with 200f water?