65 wiper washer foot pump?

lprescott

Jan 5, 2010
I've recently acquired a 65 convertible and the wiper wash bag has two hoses, one to the winshield and the other through the fire wall under the carpet next to the high-beam switch. No pump motor!
A buddy of mine says he thought there some foot pumps on some of the early models. Does anyone know anything about these? I can't find anything anywhere else...
Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I believe the foot pump was only in 67&68 so, if it was in your car it must have been a retrofit. I love them when they are working. You just touch it with your foot lightly and it cycles your wipers once without squirting, kinda like a selectable intermittent. Unfortunately, you can't buy the setup and used ones are like hens teeth (or honest politicians). Happily, someone, I think NPD, has stared to sell a rubber ball/bellows replacement part for them. I don't know if it's worth a crap or not.
HTH
Gene

The 65-66 factory washers worked from a pump mounted just under or near the washer bag. No hoses went into the cabin area, only the wire from the pump, went to the wiper switch. The pump was activated by pulling the wiper switch out.