Progress Thread 66 Coupe Build

• Sponsors (?)

I think the exploder 8.8 is a 31 spline carrier, if so I would keep that or sell it to recoup some cash. Just think'n.

I currently have a currie 9" rear end on the car now, as for pulling it and reselling around here there hasn't been traction on any mustang parts I have listed for Foxbodys or classics. So to the JY it will go.

Reactions: 1 user
Got the explorer, the guy wanted to keep the tires as they were newer so we swapped some donuts on.

Runs great!
exploder.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Worked on the exploder over the weekend, got close to getting ready to pull the motor, just having trouble with one motor mount bolt on the drivers side, some bell hosing bolts and the exhaust bolts which i will probably just have to cut.

Reactions: 1 users
So I pretty much have the explorer engine ready to pull atleast from what i can tell. Just cant get it to separate from the trans/bell housing.

Removed upper and lower intake to access upper BH bolts
Removed headers to access engine mount bolts and side bolts for BH
Removed starter and lower BH bolts
Removed nuts from the flexplate (4 i think)

Did you push the torque converter back towards the trans to unseat it from the crank?
you also have to support the trans so the engine can slip forward off the dowel pins.

I will give these a try as I did not. Ready to get this thing out and to the machine shop, was hoping to be able to get it on the road this summer but that is going quickly.