'67 Coupe, 5.0 HO EFI Swap - Export Brace!

Nov 8, 2018
Poulsbo, Wa
Howdy, 1st post here. Just bought a '67 Coupe with EFI this past week. A whole new learning experience. It's got a really nice body and paint but needs to be sorted out mechanically. I've seen posts here about export braces that will fit around the EFI, but most are older and I'm wondering if there's anything new out there. Looking at the Mike Maier one-piece brace for one.

TIA..........ed

Attachments

• Sponsors (?)

Mar 15, 2016
san jose CA
My passenger side one still fits but the upper plenum is in the way of the driver side one. I was going to make a shock tower brace but got sidetracked. The alignment shop recommended a tower brace, says my towers are moving inwards messing up the alignment.

shem

Nov 8, 2018
Poulsbo, Wa
I drove mine home about 350 miles on twisty mountain pass roads, and it was a bear to drive. It's got 19" wheels and low-profile directionals and I bet they don't help, either. Been looking at wheels and I like the Torq Thrust II classic look. They're cheap, too, at only $105 per wheel in a 16x7. I really liked the Shelby-look rims, but they only have 15" and 17" sizes. The '67 has rear discs and I wanted a big enough wheel to make sure they cleared. I'm thinking the 17's would still demand a quite low-profile tire and there goes the ride. The 16" seems like a good compromise.

MMI does make a special brace specifically for the EFI models. It's different than the one you can see on their website. But if you watch the video embedded into that web page, towards the end Mike mentions and shows the other brace. It looks like it would clear all the intake stuff no problem, even with a CAI like mine has.
So I'm waiting to hear back from MMI. I'll call them next week if I don't get an email back. One of the members here was kind enough to reply and he's also going to get hold of Mike to see how to get an EFI brace.

https://mikemaierinc.com/product/mustang/mustang-shock-tower-brace-kit-2/
MMI_Efi Export Brace.JPG
MMI_Efi Export Brace.JPG

I attached a screen cap of the EFI brace, FYI.

I'll keep you posted..............ed

Mar 15, 2016
san jose CA
Not too many size options in 15 n 16s. I got my wheels n tires for 500, sold my 14" torq thrusts that came w the car for 400. So I got rims n tires for 100 lol. Ive got 225/45 and 235/45 n the ride is fine. That brace looks nice, not too difficult to fab.

shem