67' Coupe Fender Apron Measurements

• Sponsors (?)

BUMP
Hi,
I found this thread and the measurments are very helpful .My 1967 mustang is get the same work done but more. I have the fire wall out and the right frame rail is rusted thru I have a new danacorn frame shock tower assy.Someone before me replaced frame rails to transmission .I'm rdy to cut the right frame rail off but I get differant measuements using windsheil tabs to upper corner of fender rad. brace. and I tried going in a "X" pattern to fender forward edge. I tried the edge of rocker tabs to frount bottom forward edge of frame rail. Driver side frame rail is good. Motor was in car and looked lined up.
The dimension I get 1/2 to 3/4 differance
I need to get a good place find where I'm correct on measurements and go from there.. I know I need photo's to show more

Sorry to thread jack, but I have a similar question and this thread would be a great place to encompass all these apron measurements. I picked up a 67 coupe as a project car. The firewall had already been removed and the aprons were pushed around to get the old firewall out. I have the new firewall fitted, but I am unsure where the aprons are supposed to sit in order to have correct fender and hood alignment. I put my hood on to check alignment between hood and upper cowl, but they don't seem to be lining up and the hood hinges seem to be binding a little so I think my aprons may need to be spread apart. Hopefully these pictures help with the measurements I am looking for and hopefully they will help others.

Drivers side outer apron to side apron:
Drivers Apron.png

Between aprons in engine bay:
Engine Bay Aprons.png

Passenger side outer apron to side apron:
Passenger Apron.png

IIt was a bit hard to get pics of the measurements so i just wrote them down ,this is a un wrecked 67 coupe .
Starting with D,between the aprons at the hood hinges .
D = 40 inches between aprons
A=7 inches ,this is to the outside of the cowl side panel on all 3 measurements
B= 7 1/8 again to the outside edge
C= 7 1/8 also to the outside edge .
Driver side ,all measurements to the out side edge of the cowl side panel from the inner apron .
E= 7 1/8 out side edge of cowl panel
F = 7 1/8 out side edge of cowl side panel
G = 9 1/4 outside of cowl side panel
H= 9 7/8 out side edge of cowl panel to inner apron .
Hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I could use the measurement form Top edge of 90 degree tab on top rocker panel end to forward edge (end of frame rail)
I checked my measurements again from windshield edge to upper corner of rad. edge on 1/2 inch off.
I'm going to leave old radiator brace in for now as a measurement for new frame rail.

IIt was a bit hard to get pics of the measurements so i just wrote them down ,this is a un wrecked 67 coupe .
Starting with D,between the aprons at the hood hinges .
D = 40 inches between aprons
A=7 inches ,this is to the outside of the cowl side panel on all 3 measurements
B= 7 1/8 again to the outside edge
C= 7 1/8 also to the outside edge .
Driver side ,all measurements to the out side edge of the cowl side panel from the inner apron .
E= 7 1/8 out side edge of cowl panel
F = 7 1/8 out side edge of cowl side panel
G = 9 1/4 outside of cowl side panel
H= 9 7/8 out side edge of cowl panel to inner apron .
Hope this helps

This is exactly what I needed and after putting my fenders on to check gaps I can see my passenger apron needs to get pushed out. I have about 39 1/4 inches at measurement D. Thank you very much for taking the time to take those measurements!

Reactions: 1 user
the picture on where your finger is a tape measurement from (top edge) there to end of frame rail like you show please ...on my car I have to install the toqure box so hard to measure like in second photo
Thank you