67' Coupe Fender Apron Measurements

BUMP
Hi,
I found this thread and the measurments are very helpful .My 1967 mustang is get the same work done but more. I have the fire wall out and the right frame rail is rusted thru I have a new danacorn frame shock tower assy.Someone before me replaced frame rails to transmission .I'm rdy to cut the right frame rail off but I get differant measuements using windsheil tabs to upper corner of fender rad. brace. and I tried going in a "X" pattern to fender forward edge. I tried the edge of rocker tabs to frount bottom forward edge of frame rail. Driver side frame rail is good. Motor was in car and looked lined up.
The dimension I get 1/2 to 3/4 differance
I need to get a good place find where I'm correct on measurements and go from there.. I know I need photo's to show more

Sorry to thread jack, but I have a similar question and this thread would be a great place to encompass all these apron measurements. I picked up a 67 coupe as a project car. The firewall had already been removed and the aprons were pushed around to get the old firewall out. I have the new firewall fitted, but I am unsure where the aprons are supposed to sit in order to have correct fender and hood alignment. I put my hood on to check alignment between hood and upper cowl, but they don't seem to be lining up and the hood hinges seem to be binding a little so I think my aprons may need to be spread apart. Hopefully these pictures help with the measurements I am looking for and hopefully they will help others.

Drivers side outer apron to side apron:

Between aprons in engine bay:

Passenger side outer apron to side apron:

IIt was a bit hard to get pics of the measurements so i just wrote them down ,this is a un wrecked 67 coupe .
Starting with D,between the aprons at the hood hinges .
D = 40 inches between aprons
A=7 inches ,this is to the outside of the cowl side panel on all 3 measurements
B= 7 1/8 again to the outside edge
C= 7 1/8 also to the outside edge .
Driver side ,all measurements to the out side edge of the cowl side panel from the inner apron .
E= 7 1/8 out side edge of cowl panel
F = 7 1/8 out side edge of cowl side panel
G = 9 1/4 outside of cowl side panel
H= 9 7/8 out side edge of cowl panel to inner apron .
Hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I could use the measurement form Top edge of 90 degree tab on top rocker panel end to forward edge (end of frame rail)
I checked my measurements again from windshield edge to upper corner of rad. edge on 1/2 inch off.
I'm going to leave old radiator brace in for now as a measurement for new frame rail.

This is exactly what I needed and after putting my fenders on to check gaps I can see my passenger apron needs to get pushed out. I have about 39 1/4 inches at measurement D. Thank you very much for taking the time to take those measurements!

Reactions: 1 user
the picture on where your finger is a tape measurement from (top edge) there to end of frame rail like you show please ...on my car I have to install the toqure box so hard to measure like in second photo
Thank you

Do you have the front cross brace under the radiator support in yet .I would have that in first .
Horse sence! You still around? Hope all is well. I took a bit of a break from the project but I’m looking to get back into it. Stopped at the strut rod brackets. Would you be able to send some measurements for installing those?