69 Fastback Side Marker Lights (rears)

I have been making progress on my 69 Fastback and need to cut holes in the quarter panels for side marker lights. As the quarters were re-skinned once prior to this restoration, I am reluctant to use the old pieces to set the location of the rear side marker lights.

Does someone have a template or can someone with an original 69 fastback make a template referencing major body lines to help me cut my holes in the right places?

It is very important that I get them in the right spot as I intend to install Mach I stripes and the stripes go around the side markers--so if they are off it will be obvious. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I'd help ya out but I just checked and mine have been bondo overed. which made me aware of how little I'd really looked over my mustang since I bought it in july. I've been to concerned about the motor build up to even care about the body.

Only thing I can think of is maybe if you had a mach 1 stripe kit, and tape it up and then outline the marker lights from those.

image5.jpg

Edit; -not attatching those stripes, just putting tape over them to hold them in place, so that you could use them after repaint.

fvike said:
Only thing I can think of is maybe if you had a mach 1 stripe kit, and tape it up and then outline the marker lights from those.

Edit; -not attatching those stripes, just putting tape over them to hold them in place, so that you could use them after repaint.

Sounds like a plan--just delays me a bit--not that I don't have a bizillion other things I can do to the car :p . I have overspent my budget for a few months after blowing money on Cobra brakes (Christmas present to myself :rolleyes: ) and Christmas presents for the boys and the wife--so I didn't want to make the investment in stripes yet just to have them sit in a box for a year or two.

Thanks for the suggestions! :SNSign: