69 Mach 1 Project question

mackey

Jan 25, 2003
Beverly, Massachusetts
Well I'm 20 and in college right now. My dad and uncle have come up with 3 1969 Mach 1 Mustangs that are just rotting out back. So this summer I've decided to tackle them as a project. 2 of them are bad up in the back quarter panels while one was in a front end accident. The one in the front end accident has almost 0 rust on it.

My question is Would it be easier to weld a new front clip onto the mustang from the other car? My father suggested basically cutting the car right at the windshield and welding the two together. Are there any other options you might know of?

• Sponsors (?)

Could the front end accident car be repaired using new panels and straightening of existing structure? That would be better than cutting 2 cars in half, but would need to see what you are working with to make that decision. Post several pictures of the front end hit so we can see it.

RED2001GT said:
Where did your father find 3 Mach1 1969 Mustangs in the first place?
What color is each one?

I have no idea. I'll get some pictures. The colors are gold, white, and one was all stripped of paint so possibly black. One has a running 390 in it. One was an original 427. I have almost all original parts to rebuild them. Dashes, I have a shaker hood scoop and a few quarter panels.

69 Rustang said:
Could the front end accident car be repaired using new panels and straightening of existing structure? That would be better than cutting 2 cars in half, but would need to see what you are working with to make that decision. Post several pictures of the front end hit so we can see it.

Where would I get these new panels? Do you mean new inner fender panels or new outer fender panels? I believe I have the outers. I'll try and get some pictures of the damage.