75 MM Throttle Body for my setup?

• Sponsors (?)

75mm will be fine. The new 5L is a completely different motor and is making 2x the power from the factory. Bad example IMO but 75 is fine. What intake are you running?

With EFI, you almost can't go "too big" on the TB. Going reeeeeeeeeeally big on the TB may affect part-throttle drivability, but WOT won't suffer. Some people seem to think that a TB is like a carb and that you don't want to go too big, but that isn't the case. It's a completely different animal. Also consider that going with a TB that is bigger than you need allows room to grow.

The one thing you want to make sure you take care of, is to port-match the intake opening to the TB if the TB is bigger than the intake opening. Use a Dremel with a good grinding wheel and open the mouth of the intake with a nice, flowing taper to match the 75mm TB.

The one thing you want to make sure you take care of, is to port-match the intake opening to the TB if the TB is bigger than the intake opening. Use a Dremel with a good grinding wheel and open the mouth of the intake with a nice, flowing taper to match the 75mm TB.

Absolutely. That's exactly what I did to my Performer upper intake to match the 75mm bore of my TFS adapter elbow and Summit Racing TB.

75mm will be fine. The new 5L is a completely different motor and is making 2x the power from the factory. Bad example IMO but 75 is fine. What intake are you running?

Why is there a tendency to try to relate components selection to engine power production prior to their selection? Aren't the components (including the TB) supposed to be "contributors" to the engine power production among other things? If a 75mm TB for a pushrod 302 is "too big" ........ why does a stock '05 2.4L (146 cid) Honda Accord use a 65mm TB?...... or a stock '95 2.8L (171 cid) Mercedes Benz C280 use a 70mm TB?.... yet they are below the 260HP engine rating. Or are they too, "bad examples"?

Why is there a tendency to try to relate components selection to engine power production prior to their selection? Aren't the components (including the TB) supposed to be "contributors" to the engine power production among other things? If a 75mm TB for a pushrod 302 is "too big" ........ why does a stock '05 2.4L (146 cid) Honda Accord use a 65mm TB?...... or a stock '95 2.8L (171 cid) Mercedes Benz C280 use a 70mm TB?.... yet they are below the 260HP engine rating. Or are they too, "bad examples"?

looks like i already answered your question. where did i say 75mm was too big? i currently have a 75mm on my car.