77 mustang II Ghia edition

Relic

Mar 23, 2007
okay...ive got the chance to own a 77 mustang II ghia edition for a great price

it was used as a daily/sporadic driver for a while and has now been sitting for a while...last time it was driven it was "driving rough" (i have yet to have a chance to test drive it will be doing so this weekend) the owner has told me that it needs to have the carb adjusted....the idle adjusted and the alignment fixed to make it a daily driver...when i mentionjed this to my landlord (who is decidedly anti-ford) who has been wroking on trucks (of the large hauling type)for 20 something odd years he told me that the older mustangs have a severe issue with alignment and that an "alignment adjustment" would most likely mean that i would need to do a bunch of front end replacement...i was wondering what yall thought and how much money you think this would need invested to make it a daily driver

• Sponsors (?)

.... when i mentionjed this to my landlord (who is decidedly anti-ford) who has been wroking on trucks (of the large hauling type)for 20 something odd years

So he is ati-Ford and started working on trucks roughly 10 years after the last II rolled off the assembly line .... That's a stellar reference.

he told me that the older mustangs have a severe issue with alignment and that an "alignment adjustment" would most likely mean that i would need to do a bunch of front end replacement...

Severe issues with alignment? The biggest issue I know of with aligning a II is the goober doing the work hasn't a clue as to what their doing.

A bunch of front end replacement? That's a pretty safe bet when talking about a 30 year old car.

i was wondering what yall thought and how much money you think this would need invested to make it a daily driver

More information is needed.

id have to agree there... your asking the wrong person, or taking his advise doesnt sound reasonable at all.
how much is a good deal for this ghia?
and which state are you from??
what kind of milage does it have?? got any pics on your future purchase??
truthfully this landlord of yours sounds very uninformed, unless your not telling us something like how he has already seen and checked the car out..
if he hasnt even seen the car yet then he sounds like a moron with bad advise..
i could blurt out different problems with any car, does it mean thats whats wrong with the car? ...no....sounds silly doesnt it?