8 TURBOS in this TRUCK! New plans for my FOX :)

• Sponsors (?)

Tonys89GT said:
You mean like the one in the video? I betcha ten bucks a good single turbo 5.0 would walk that thing any day.

My suspicion is that the volume of air produced by all 8 turbos would be more than the block is able to handle provided that all 8 were spinning at once.

Just a thought...

i was looking at this video last night and was going to put it on here but i figured everyone would say WELCOME TO 2002 or some chit like that so i didnt:D

looks badass none the less but is a waste of money to me. if i hade the money he spen on the car i would have 10 mustang with single turbo with all diff setups that would smoke his a$$

Turbos are not effecient if they are not spinning well into ther range to produce boost. Exhaust split 8 ways onto 8 different turbines on even a big block would leave that many turbos gasping for more. Turbos have their own parasitic loss. They are not 100% efficient like some are fooled into believing. Their parasititc loss comes from the reduction in exhaust flow vs. being pulled from the crank. So now we've got 8 turbos spinning slower than maybe one or two properly sized ones. They are nowhere near as efficient because they're not in their operating range. If we COULD get them all into operating range the volume of air produced would be beyond what the motor would be capable if ingesting... even if each turbo were producing just producing 6 psi static, their combination would be well over the 48 psi total because of the motors inability to procees that volume of air. Each turbo's wasted energy is energy that could be put to a fewer number of turbos to make it spin more efficiently.

Take a hose and hook it up to a sprinkler. Now take that same hose and split it to hook up to 8 sprinklers. Ler me know which setup is able to cover more area. :D

Not to mention trying to split that available volume of air equally in 8 directions. Path of least resistance.

It's a show piece. Nothing more.

Flavadave4 said:
all for show.....any thing over 2 really starts to compromise performance

I agree. At least with 2, you can split the exhaust equally to the turbos from each cylinder bank. I'd imagine that having two banks split into 4 turbos each would have one or more of those turbos providing JUST enough positive pressure to keep air from going backwards through it while the other(s) do the actual work.

Edit: Even the smallest turbos (the smallest I'm able to find maps for) are only 70% efficient at 1.6 psi. (Using a T-25-45 as reference). Anything larger (that's not computer controlled through a variable vane) would be less. 8 of em split between available exhaust gasses? Not so good. hehe