Progress Thread 83 Convertable Engine swap

LAFF

Enough to make my old Nipples hard
Jul 2, 2019
Chillicothe, Missouri
Engine arrived today : )Dyno sheet 313.4 hp and 345 torque at 5,300 rpm's.
Starting this a little early as it is so damn hot here now, we're going to start Monday when it gets back into the 80s

I do want to ask a stupid question ( to some of you) If I Put 95 spindles on the front can I still use the stock Disk brake set up?
i believe I know that I'll have to use 95 struts. I Think I wanna stay with the 4 lug set up. Not sure.
Still might go with 5 lugs. Can'nt make up my mind.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

If you go 94/95 spindles, you need 94-04 GT brakes, or 94-04 Cobra brakes. This spindle and brake setup is the best way to go. It gives you many wheel choices to choose from and provides very good braking especially when combined with rear disc brakes. I do all of my cars this way.

If you go 94/95 spindles, you need 94-04 GT brakes, or 94-04 Cobra brakes. This spindle and brake setup is the best way to go. It gives you many wheel choices to choose from and provides very good braking especially when combined with rear disc brakes. I do all of my cars this way.
You are right. Just gonna change to 5 lug.
Getting tired of ordering parts, but I want everything right.
Thanks again.

You are right. Just gonna change to 5 lug.
Getting tired of ordering parts, but I want everything right.
Thanks again.
There is a thread here I just posted all the info on how I did mine with part numbers and all.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
Here’s the thread @TOOLOW91 is talking about

Thank you very much,
Still finding my way around here: )

I havnt figured this out for sure or not, but i think our older foxes going with 94/95 spindles either need to use a spacer, or get 87 and up struts. I believe the older spindles are thicker at the strut mount (unless I have this backwards... someone please correct me)

I havnt figured this out for sure or not, but i think our older foxes going with 94/95 spindles either need to use a spacer, or get 87 and up struts. I believe the older spindles are thicker at the strut mount (unless I have this backwards... someone please correct me)
I’ve been paying attention to everything I could find before I started this project, and it is my understanding that the struts should be 95 because of higher mounts on the strut,
Or visa versa.

I’ve been paying attention to everything I could find before I started this project, and it is my understanding that the struts should be 95 because of higher mounts on the strut,
Or visa versa.

I found this on another forum with regards to struts: (screenshots of the pertinent post)
5C4A5129-7210-4E43-9EEE-3BA73A073707.png

DA2F48D0-10CE-4989-8761-938E73A986C9.png

Alright then
Thank you for going to all that trouble.

No problem. I’m in the middle of collecting parts for a 5 lug swap on my 86. I feel like every time I start researching, I learn something new.
This is a great resource with everyone helping each other out!!!

Or visa versa.
No if you have a pre 87 car you just need 87-93 v8 struts

Okay—as some of you know :poo: sometimes goes sideways.
Yes I received the engine.
Noticed right away that :poo: wasn’t right.
Thought I told BluePrint that I was gonna use a serpentine belt.
I called them and they said that the old style water pump was the only way they built them.
Well I had to order a new timing chain cover,
and a reverse flow water pump.
Then things just got worse.
My old ass came down sick.
I did feel good enough to go down, and change the timing cover and water pump yesterday.
In the meantime my mechanical genius has went ahead and scheduled a vacation.
Don’t blame him.
Wasn’t until this week that I found a Seal, and Gasket kit for the C 5 transmission.
RockAuto
Week and a half from now it might get done.

• Surprised