Suspension 86 Fox 5 Lug Disc Brake Conversion

Fitzjack

May 9, 2019
Kentucky
I’m looking into buying the 5 lug disc conversion kit from LMR and 17x9 SVE Anniversary wheels for all four corners.
I do not want to use any steering limiters so I’m trying to find out what’s the widest wheel and tire I can get on the car without rubbing.
It already has an 88 front end under it that my dad did back in the 90s so it’s not stock at all.
I also ultimately plan to swap a coyote into it at some point in the future as well so it’s going to be a handful which makes me want the absolute most rubber and stopping power I could get.

• Sponsors(?)

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
That kit is front rotors only. They have fitment issues with some wheels because of the center hub. Get 94 - 95 spindles.

Mustang5L5

i'm familiar with penetration
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
That kit is simply the Lincoln mark 7 rotors with the fox style hub, which may have center cap issues and require a spacer.

unfortunately there is no one size fits all answer to this question as wheels specs play a huge roll and they are all over the place.

also, the 86 front end is a little narrower due to a slightly narrower k member than the 88-later cars. So hard to compare setups as many people who will offer their setups do have aero cars.

Guys have gotten 17x9s with 275s up front. I personally have gotten a 245/40/17 on the front of mine, but I’ll likely try a 255/40/17 next.