86 turbo 408w

new to stangnet, i have a 408w, 89 block, full block treatment, 3/4 cemented, billet girdle, scat 4340 lightened crank, dss GSX flat tops, scat forged h-beams, bullet racing cams billet core solid roller turbo cam, nearly .700 lift int/ex, tfs 240 heads, ported as well, flow over 350/280 cfm, holley hi ram, borg warner 80 mm single, ATW intercooler under hi ram top plenum, wanting to pull anywhere from 1000-1400 from this block. trying to take mark miller's 1/8 record for a stock block sbf. (4.97@137) is this possible, reliably? going into an 86 fox.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes this is possible, I am not concerned with anything except the turbo.... I have a customer with a mild turbo cam, and 220 promaxx heads on a dart 438cid block and a VS racing 98mm. it makes over 1k to the tire at 20psi.

before he went to the dart block we used the same heads on a JY econoline bottom end 351 cast piston and all... 23psi on a 78/75 and found the limit on his 80lb injectors.

Good fuel and a safe tune is all you need to make it live, we never did kill that stock 351 shortblock its still in use in his friends car

I asked for them,so we'll see.
i don't really have too many pics, we're still building the motor. i'm buying the new set of victory's titanium valves either this weekend or on payday, thursday, so i can post some pics on this thread after we get the heads on and such. many of the parts, like heads and such are still in my room lol, here’s the beautiful block.

Attachments

• 6281B2DE-A7C8-448A-8F92-F15CEA4D3E59.jpeg
    6281B2DE-A7C8-448A-8F92-F15CEA4D3E59.jpeg
    424.7 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Yes this is possible, I am not concerned with anything except the turbo.... I have a customer with a mild turbo cam, and 220 promaxx heads on a dart 438cid block and a VS racing 98mm. it makes over 1k to the tire at 20psi.

before he went to the dart block we used the same heads on a JY econoline bottom end 351 cast piston and all... 23psi on a 78/75 and found the limit on his 80lb injectors.

Good fuel and a safe tune is all you need to make it live, we never did kill that stock 351 shortblock its still in use in his friends car
i appreciate the share of experience man. sounds like this should work if we can keep this motor happy, it should make my desired power. the most powerful sbf stroker we've built prior to this was around 815whp~ on FULL boost thru the controller. definitely a few new experiences in high horse engine building for me.