Progress Thread '88 GT Hell Horse - All over the place

• Sponsors (?)

Well, a few more packages have shown up yesterday for me including the 12.3" screen, a roll of black PLA filament for the 3D Printer, another GPS module and RTC Module. This means that I have everything needed to start the mock-up process of the new enclosure. I need to do additional research on the screen that I plan on using in the center console, since the 7" screen isn't going to cut it size wise for me.

Sorry no pictures as I can get some of those tonight.

Been a little slow trying to get some progress done for the new enclosure. I have been doing "testing" on the machine to get the slicer program to give goo results on its prints. So below are some of the again "test" prints before working on the enclosure.

IMG_20190725_075851103_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20190725_075843665~2.jpg

IMG_20190728_091150321~2.jpg

I also ordered the remaining parts needed to put everything together including power plug connectors, cables, and resistors and diodes. I have plans to get over to work on the enclosure 3D design this weekend, so hopefully should be able to do some test prints next week.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry to get (sort of) off topic - but the FTR brackets you have for your brakes - Is that all you did to install s197 brakes on the front of your car? Will they work with regular non-brembo brakes as well?

The ones that I got are the non-brembo 05-09 GT dual piston calipers. They are a direct bolt-on, but I had issues with mine due to the wheel that I choose being a smaller inside diameter than normal 18" wheels. I had to smooth out the top ridge of the caliper to have them fit without hitting the inside of the wheel.

Outside of that they are fantastic and was able to keep all the stock MC and Brake Booster including the SS soft lines to the calipers.

The ones that I got are the non-brembo 05-09 GT dual piston calipers. They are a direct bolt-on, but I had issues with mine due to the wheel that I choose being a smaller inside diameter than normal 18" wheels. I had to smooth out the top ridge of the caliper to have them fit without hitting the inside of the wheel.

Outside of that they are fantastic and was able to keep all the stock MC and Brake Booster including the SS soft lines to the calipers.
What did you do for the rear wheels? I'm wanting to put some dinner plates back there, purely for aesthetics.

EDIT: nevermind I see now

Been a little slow trying to get some progress done for the new enclosure. I have been doing "testing" on the machine to get the slicer program to give goo results on its prints. So below are some of the again "test" prints before working on the enclosure.

IMG_20190725_075851103_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20190725_075843665~2.jpg

IMG_20190728_091150321~2.jpg

I also ordered the remaining parts needed to put everything together including power plug connectors, cables, and resistors and diodes. I have plans to get over to work on the enclosure 3D design this weekend, so hopefully should be able to do some test prints next week.
What software does the printer run? CAD, SolidWorks, etc

What software does the printer run? CAD, SolidWorks, etc

The software I am using to create the gcode file for printing is Ultimaker Cura. This program takes the 3D model (.stl files), and gives me the ability to define the printing details: layer thickness, material, adding supports, bed adhesion, etc.

I am trying to learn how to use Fusion360 for building 3D Models.

Got the remaining parts needed to work on the 3D model of the new enclosure this Saturday. Hopefully I should be able to start printing some test models next week, so I will be posting pictures as the progress continues.

I started on another side project since the door has been opened wide with the 3D Printer.

I just started the mock-up of a custom engine plate to replace the factory one on the Explorer Intake that I will be installing. It will include my Hellhorse Logo that I built for this project.

I have also started the design of the fender badges that I am planning on getting these ironed out this weekend. So pictures will be coming of the 3D models or more importantly Im hoping to have them printed.

I was able to finish the 3D model on the new fender badges for the car. Here is a picture of one of them printed.

IMG_20190802_221919693_HDR~2.jpg

They still need to be smoothed and painted, but this is one right off the printer.

Reactions: 3 users
I was able to finish the 3D model on the new fender badges for the car. Here is a picture of one of them printed.

IMG_20190802_221919693_HDR~2.jpg

They still need to be smoothed and painted, but this is one right off the printer.
Looks like you are getting the hang of the software. Good job.

What material are you using? ABS, ABSPlus, PETG?

Well made some progress over the weekend. I was able to get about 1/2 way through designing the screen bezel for the instrument cluster. Also, was able to figure out the new layout of the computer/screen/power supply enclosure as well. Only got through about 1/3 of it as there are quite a few components to fit in there.

I also printed the new intake plate as well, and it came out great. Need to make a couple adjustments to the model as it needs to be a little taller, and a little bit wider. I didnt think it came out bad for my 2nd time designing something. I will grab a picture when later on today.

Reactions: 3 users