88 mustang 5.0 left rear park brake cable

earmuff

Aug 6, 2005
I have an 88 mustang 5.0 that the park/emergency brake cable for the left (driver's side) rear brake shoe that is corroded/worn out and hangs up (sticks) and will not always release). Have any of you guys or girls ever replaced the left rear park brake cable? Is the left rear park cable a short cable or does it run directly from the left rear brake drum and all the way to the park brake handle inside the car?

If anyone has a good diagram/picture of the left rear cable (also name brand/part number and where purchased cable) and how it connects onto the left rear brake drum and to where ever the front end of the cable connects I would greatly appreciate if you could email picture (s) to me at [email protected].

I am currently out of town. My daughter's husband can fix but since I am not there I need to try and get data so I can assist him via phone if he gets stuck. I would greatly appreciate any and everyones help. If pictures not available if you
can baby step me through each step it would help me help my son-in-law.

I thank you and hope someone can help me that has experienced this same problem.

Best Regards,

Tom

• Sponsors (?)