88GT Coyote Swap CPU/Wireharness mounting and running

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum so first off any help will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance. I've mounted my CPU on the passenger side close to the front after researching many pictures I could find and what I thought would work for my setup. The thing I'm looking for is there anyone out there that has mounted it in the same location and if so can you give me some tips or pictures on where you have ran the wire harness and where you have passed it through the firewall.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    295.9 KB · Views: 735
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 613
  • Sponsors (?)

There are a couple coyote guys here, but I haven’t heard from them lately.

But then there’s Jeff @TOOLOW91 who’s swapped just about everything into a fox including a couple coyote swaps for customers. I tagged him, maybe he can help.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum so first off any help will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance. I've mounted my CPU on the passenger side close to the front after researching many pictures I could find and what I thought would work for my setup. The thing I'm looking for is there anyone out there that has mounted it in the same location and if so can you give me some tips or pictures on where you have ran the wire harness and where you have passed it through the firewall.
we mounted my buddies in the same spot you did . Ran the harness up over the strut tower like the factory mass air harness used to run . I de pinned the big square plug for the relay box . Passed the harness through the factory grommet. Put the connector back together on the other side and mounted the box on the kick panel .

I shall post pics of what i did with mine later and i also need to update my page. What i did was make a mounting plate then cut the inner fender. mounted my plate then ran the harness through the fender and hole sawed a hole into the passanger kick panel side. the gromet i used was from a 96-98 maybe later years and put that around my wires. Ill try to take and post pics later

Reactions: 1 users
we mounted my buddies in the same spot you did . Ran the harness up over the strut tower like the factory mass air harness used to run . I de pinned the big square plug for the relay box . Passed the harness through the factory grommet. Put the connector back together on the other side and mounted the box on the kick panel .
Thanks a lot, that's pretty much what I was thinking. One question is there a lot to de pinning the relay box? I haven't really played with them before.

Thanks a lot, that's pretty much what I was thinking. One question is there a lot to de pinning the relay box? I haven't really played with them before.
If you have a gen one it was like 6 wires in that big square plug that comes from the ecu that plugs into it . The locks in the connector just slide through . You pull them out . Then you need a small de pinning tool for like a metri pack pin . Fold lock down remove the pins Pass through fire wall . Gently fold pin up and then re insert . Re insert plastic locks

Hey thanks a lot, the de pining went smoothly got it done. Any chance you have pictures of where and how you guys mounted inside the kick panel?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    311.4 KB · Views: 343