whats your favorite foxbody body style

• Notchback

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Hatchback

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Convertible

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
I have a 89 mustang with SBF 302 with GT40P heads and Vortech V1 blower at 10psi and running the ms3 gold box with tuner studio. In the idle control section I'm trying to find out what the valve mode is supposed to be set at inverted or normal for a stock IAC valve. Idle valve type is set at PWM valve 2/3 wire setup and algorithm set to open loop. Trying to get the cold and hot cranking tuned. I'm running Siemens Deka 60's and letting VE table dial itself in with auto tune. I'm also trying to find correct deadtime for injectors which is currently set to 1.00ms. Can anyone help me out thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I tried that dead time and the fueling is way off so I been trying to dial in back in using autotuned and driving around seems to be running ok now but cold starts are still not good trying to dial in WUE and need to figure out the cranking pulse and priming pulse settings for colder startup temps

The dead time values are what they are if your fueling is off then you have to tune the VE table.

Step1: Get the correct settings into the ECU
2: Tune the Ve table best you can with the engine fully warmed up
3: work on the idle settings to get the car to idle at the speed you want.
4: repeat the above steps but work on the warmup and cranking ASE settings with each cold start.

I think you have some of your settings incorrect for the idle, The Ford idle valve is a 2 wire PWM type... not a stepper so you will have a PWM% output to the valve.

I also offer classes and tuning services if you need help tailored to you, I do this all the time and have a great rep.

If you are interested.