89fox oil in intake manifold Antifreeze in TB

AIbandit

Aug 1, 2009
I had a 5.0 engine built for me while I was overseas I returned home to and she only ran enough to limp her 15 miles she ran rough and started smoking badly so I stopped and trailered her home from there.

the second cylinder on the drivers side wasnt heating up like the rest of them (used a laser temp gun on header tube's)

Since then I moved up to washington and had to leave her in California. My dad pulled the valvecovers and intake to find 4 issues.
1: the Rocker arm for my exhaust port was missing the poly lock! completely gone never installed.
2. Rocker arm for my Intake port was finger tight.
These two resulted in 2 bent pushrods.

My other 2 issues are what I'm curious about

3. Antifreeze in the TB... How does this happen?
4. Oil inside the intake manifold. same how? headgasket? Egr?
Any help is apreciated. he is doing an air leakdown test in the cylinders now I don't know if I want it to hold or not. I would like to be able to blame the headgasket since she's torn apart anyway.

Also with AFR 185's and an Ecam do I need shorter pushrods? I'm "running" stocklength ford racing rods currently.

• Sponsors (?)

1.you have antifreez in your tb becuase your egr spacer to tb gasket is leaking. happens to anyone. i just put new gaskets on mine and mine has the same issue. for whatever reason, i did not tighten my tb bolts up tight enough. your gasket is prolly old. You might as well change your egr to intake gasket as well. there is a gasket kit fo like 18 bucks that coomes with the tb gasket egr gasket, etc, etc.

2.Most likely the reason for oil in your intake is because you have oil going through your pcv and in to your intake via the hose.. Pull your pcv valve out of the intake manifold and make sure the cage is down in there. there may not be one in there. the cage and pcv is like 10 bucks from napa. If that doesnt cure your problem, put an inline seperator on your pcv. That will catch any oil mist. I have always ran one for all my different setups.

Thanks! I wouldnt be suprised if it was the gasket the from the block up has been replaced. and the guy that did it put a valve cover gasket on backwards right in front of me. (after he built it or I probly would of called it off then)

I'll check for the cage thanks again!

I beleive the only way for oil to get into your intake is through the pcv port or the valve cover vent on the oil fill going to the tb. you didnt delete the tube going from the tb to valve cover did you. if you have an issue, its possible for alot of oil to get into your pcv. you got any pics of this mess?

Go to home deopt and pick up a air compressor water seperator. heres some pics of how i have mine installed. i dont get much oil in mine but its added security. if you have an issue this thing should fill up pretty quick.

93044514.jpg
75384698.jpg [/[/QUOTE]

I beleive the only way for oil to get into your intake is through the pcv port or the valve cover vent on the oil fill going to the tb. you didnt delete the tube going from the tb to valve cover did you. if you have an issue, its possible for alot of oil to get into your pcv. you got any pics of this mess?

Go to home deopt and pick up a air compressor water seperator. heres some pics of how i have mine installed.

Thanks again I'll have him send pics and check for that tube. Definitley going to run that seperator should be good to see if I have a issue... Thanks