Paint and Body 89Lx Convertible Latch

HoodKnox

May 23, 2019
Houston
Hi im having trouble with a 89 convertible mustang. I’ve owned multiple convertibles in the past and they usually have a little screw you loosen up to adjust the hook. Well this one seems to not have one and on the threads you can see some old red stuff possibly thread locker. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I could possibly get the hook loose without breaking anything. Or if any one has experienced this.

(the hook is to adjust the fitment of the top to the windshield)

• Sponsors (?)

I think there is a little set screw that you have to remove first in order to adjust the J screw.

Hi im having trouble with a 89 convertible mustang. I’ve owned multiple convertibles in the past and they usually have a little screw you loosen up to adjust the hook. Well this one seems to not have one and on the threads you can see some old red stuff possibly thread locker. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I could possibly get the hook loose without breaking anything. Or if any one has experienced this.

(the hook is to adjust the fitment of the top to the windshield)

I just looked at mine. There is a little set screw on the black part that houses the J screw. Need to remove it to adjust the J screw. Wondering if yours fell out at some point and the red stuff you see is Loc-Tite holding the J screw in place.

That’s what I thought but couldn’t find it and on the left side the housing was metal and on the right it was plastic

I just looked at mine. There is a little set screw on the black part that houses the J screw. Need to remove it to adjust the J screw. Wondering if yours fell out at some point and the red stuff you see is Loc-Tite holding the J screw in place.

I see the tiny hole but no screw I’ve tried taking it out before that’s why the black is a little screwed up but I’ll try your advice and see how it goes