90 Gt Vert, The Bananna Spider

About 1000, give or take 100 for the assumption my gauges are accurate. Just timed it, base idle reset, and checked TPS, .91. Took it for a drive, died at idle, then one time I got on it a little, it died while in the throttle.....that is new. Thoughts? Anyone want to buy this thing from me?

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Anyone know what this hole is and why it is leaking so much coolant (distilled water)

Attachments

• 20181118_160831.jpg
    20181118_160831.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 20181118_135859.jpg
    20181118_135859.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 118
There's definitely something funky going on there. Have you checked the ignition switch ? It's kinda weird... like it just turns off. A bad ignition switch can cause something similar but usually is associated with turning or hitting bumps. The voltage does look a little low at idle but the car should run down to about 9 volts and it would slowly die and not restart that quick or at all.

Thanks guys, it was low due to this happening alot during my testing. Efan pulls it down when not running fan still blows till cool. Reads 13+V from battery at idle with 100a alternator, not underdriven. Ignition switch has already been replaced.

Reactions: 1 user
Untill temp comes down. Eventually I want to wire it to an ignition key on source but right now it is wholy temperature regulated. It is a contour dual fan. Blows crazy air but also sucks alot of juice.

My megasquirt triggers two separate relays...one for high fan and one for low fan. I like keeping things as close to oem as possible. I have 30amp fuses on the battery + wires for the fans pins 30 ...5amp fuses on battery + wires to pins 86....the power wire to fans runs from pins 87....the MS sends ground signal to pins 85. The fans are grounded to the chassis or battery ( mine is wired straight to the battery ).

I also installed a toggle switch on the ground trigger wire coming off the ms to the relay for my high speed fan. This way I can manually override the temp setting if I need to.

Thanks 90 sick fox! I will definitely be rewiring my fan with 2 controllers to have a Low and High that is temperature controlled. Megasquirt is likley too expensive and over my head for now. Any ideas on what to wire my ignition on wire source to? I'm a noob hobbyist here.
Another idea, what do you guys think about me overdriving this alternator with a smaller pulley? I asked Santa for a 200a 3g performance part but I was not likely a good enough boy this year for something like that. I feel like with just 1 fan running I'm good on cooling, for now, with a mostly stock motor. I know a 130 would be best but how much more could I get out of this 100a with a smaller pulley?