91 Ford Motor 5.0 Build

Well I see a few major issues.

1. Your timing in the tune file is set to fixed timing.

2. your ignition table is set to reference MAF but it is setup as a SD tune table once you unlock the timing this will be a major issue.

3. I cross referenced your current tune against the one i set you last, besides working out some of the sensor settings it is still the same tune that i sent you, you did however tune on the VE table ... I thought you used one of DIY tune files?

Your MAT sensor is reading very low, is it around 25* out there???

• Sponsors (?)

Ah yes.. as soon as i got idle, I started to experiment on the timing and forgot to change it back. I tried getting back to where we were before...i made so many changes on the tune file before and then figure out I had sensors problems...that I forgot where i left off. So I started off on a tune file that worked.

- fix timing *corrected
- fix SD tune table?? Was this changed because this project is a MAF/SD hybrid that I thought you said that can be done. If this is wrong I can change it, let me know?
- now that you mentioned the DIY tune file, I believe I did... also forgot... it must be all the carb fumes!!
- MAT (ACT/IAT) sensor wasn't checked.... But I will check sensor and wiring

Thanks for your response.

ok. Here's another tune. Hopefully, I made the correct adjustments. So I can start fine tuning the AFR. Please let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary. Thanks

Attachments

• CurrentTune.msq
    285.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 2019-11-03_10.36.14.msl
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
Hi All - I've been trying to get this tune to work. I have it idling with ok numbers but when on load (DRIVE) with a quick bleep of the throttle. The rpms will go down to 400 - 500 rpms and then die. On load with smooth throttling, it will be ok. Can someone let me know where to look?

Attachments

• 2019-11-16_10.04.06.msl
    659.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 2019-11-16_10.52.41.msq
    285.5 KB · Views: 79
Hi All

I’m back on this build again and since I have some time being at home I might as well try to finish this project.

Previously, I had a tune that when I put into LOAD and the engine would stall. I’ve fixed that problem by setting the timing again. Initially, I was setting the timing harmonic balancer to 0 degree, which Matt Cramer from DIYAUTO corrected my mistake. This time I’ve set the timing to 30 degree. Now, the engine doesn’t not stall when On-LOAD. I am happy!. But now .... the engine is hard to start. But when started, the engine will start to hunt for 5 minutes and then smooth out with a good idle. I’m at a point where I don’t want to mess up the tune. I’m not sure in what order i should start troubleshooting. It always seems I end up going back to the VE and Ignition Timing adjusting and then having to readjust again. Can someone help me in going to the right path? Thanks

Attachments

• 2020-04-08_09.02.37.mlg
    2.1 MB · Views: 47
  • CurrentTune.msq
    285.4 KB · Views: 70
Hey All

Wondering if someone can give me some pointers on this tune. On this Datalog, the last quick throttle seems to just bogs down the engine then dies. This is confusing because the first two quick stabs were fine. @a91what ...I finally replaced my balancer and got my MSD dizzy rebuilt by MSD. I appreciate any help.

Thanks

Attachments

• CurrentTune.msq
    285.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 2020-04-11_13.49.47.mlg
    112.8 KB · Views: 59
ok. I think I may have figured out the stalling issue at throttling. I changed my numbers from hundredths to tenths in AE. As well as a lot of gentle throttling to adjust the VE. Now, I need to know weather i can do a WOT test with this tune without damaging the motor. I'm just afraid to damage the motor if anything is wrong with the current tune. Can someone tell me what you think? Thank you

Attachments

• 2020-04-12_12.15.42.mlg
    173.6 KB · Views: 60
  • CurrentTune.msq
    285.5 KB · Views: 45